Alexa Shopping is looking for an experienced Data Scientist to be a part of a team solving complex natural language processing problems and customer demand insights (including segmentation analysis and personas building using big data, ML and potentially AI). This is a blue-sky role that gives you a chance to roll up your sleeves and dive into big data sets in order to build simulations and experimentation systems at scale, build optimization algorithms and leverage cutting-edge technologies across Amazon. This is an opportunity to think big about how to solve a challenging problem for the customers and understand their requirements for products.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in Science work, business analytics and have the aptitude to incorporate new approaches and methodologies while dealing with ambiguities in sourcing processes. Excellent business and communication skills are a must to develop and define key business questions and to build data sets that answer those questions. You should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges. Further, you must have the ability to build and communicate compelling value propositions, and work across the organization to achieve consensus. This role requires a strong passion for customers, a high level of comfort navigating ambiguity, and a keen sense of ownership and drive to deliver results.
• BASIC QUALIFICATIONS· Bachelor’s (or above) Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 4+ years professional experience in software development
• Solid Computer Science skills in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Objective C, or Java
• Industry experience in Machine Learning algorithms development and deployment to production
• Expertise in NLP, AI or Search algorithms
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Comfortable challenging assumptions and thinking of creative ways to tackle problems