Conversation design is integral to developing, testing, and launching experiences for our client’s product around the globe – spanning a deep variety of use cases and user contexts across the device ecosystem (Mobile, Tablet, Smart Display, TV, Auto, and Accessories).
Our client’s industry-leading Conversation Design Team works cross functionally with Visual Design, Interaction Design, UX Writing, Research, and other disciplines to develop core conversation frameworks, enabling computers to communicate like humans (and not the other way around).
As a Conversation Designer, you’ll leverage your knowledge of human language and communication to create seamless and natural interactions for digital systems across surfaces. You will be in a unique position to create voice-only and voice-forward experiences, partnering with internal leads to create solutions for diverse contexts like the home, mobile, auto, wearables, and more
• Develop high-level sample dialogs, flow diagrams, and prototypes to effectively communicate voice interactions and design ideas.
• Create detailed, comprehensive voice user interface (VUI) design specifications in collaboration with other UXers and Engineering.
• Evaluate usability and audio consistency of existing dialog flows and recommend design changes.
• Create guidelines, reference artifacts, and resources for third-party developers to assist in VUI design and prompt writing.
• Develop and advocate voice user interface design best practices and guidelines to ensure a consistent brand-experience for all users
• 4+ years of experience in designing speech-enabled interaction flows across a variety of usability contexts and device types.
• Experience in persona designing/writing.
• Experience on a design team that ships consumer products.
• Experience with qualitative usability testing.
• Technical knowledge of the fundamentals of conversation, e.g. Cooperative Principle, turn-taking, cognitive load, pragmatics, prosody.
• Technical knowledge of speech and language technologies, e.g. ASR, NLU, TTS.
Advanced Systems Group, LLC (ASG) provides engineering, systems integration, training and technical support to the media, broadcast, film and corporate-video markets. We also serve customers in several emerging technology industries outside of traditional Media & Entertainment. You will be working onsite with our client in the San Francisco Bay Area.