We are looking for our first VP of Engineering to scale Voiceflow’s Engineering team. You will lay the foundation for the technical direction, processes and culture here at Voiceflow. Needless to say, this is an incredibly important role and will be company-changing for us, and career defining for you. Reporting to the CEO and working alongside our CTO, you will set up an organization and architect the technology strategy for long-term scale and growth. You will recruit and manage engineers/technical leads, drive the technical vision and strategy in collaboration with internal stakeholders, and help develop the engineering culture at Voiceflow.
Here's our stack: https://stackshare.io/voiceflow/voiceflow
Here's our open source GitHub to display our coding practices, design patterns, and functionalities: https://github.com/voiceflow
What you’ll do
• Work with other Voiceflow leaders (CEO, CTO, Head of Product) to define, design, and execute the plan for Voiceflow’s technical vision and product strategy
• Build, manage and lead multiple teams of experienced Software Engineers at all levels
• Lead the engineering team to produce high quality, on-time solutions to address business needs
• Curate, groom, prioritize and maintain the technical backlog for Engineering driven initiatives
• Drive best practices in software development, testing, and production deployment
• Drive technical decisions and work with the product management team to manage the backlogs to support multiple teams within the engineering organization
• Champion quality initiatives and best practices to enable the team to continue to develop high quality, maintainable, and performant code
• Build and foster a strong engineering team and positive engineering culture
What you’ll bring
• 3+ years of leadership experience, and a passion for developing the skills and talents of a strong and diverse engineering team
• 3+ years of experience in software development, building large scale products and delivering breakthrough business results
• Ability to thrive on a high-level of autonomy and responsibility
Commitment to product excellence and experience promoting the right balance between best practices and feature delivery
• Experience with encouraging a healthy work environment that’s both supportive and challenging
Nice to have
• Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or another related field
• Experience in a SaaS working environment (within the conversation AI world is a bonus!)
Voiceflow is democratizing conversational AI by making conversational assistant creation easy, collaborative, and accessible to everyone. Voiceflow is a collaborative design platform that helps teams work together to rapidly design, prototype and launch conversational assistants for any channel - voice assistants, SMS, webchat, call centre, drive-thrus, and so much more. Voiceflow is loved by over 80,000 global teams with some of the world’s largest companies as customers including Google, BMW, US Bank, McDonalds, JP Morgan, Spotify, Amazon, Home Depot, Best Buy, John Hopkins, and thousands of others.
We’re biased of course, but we think we’re building one of the coolest products in the world. Put this claim to the test and try out Voiceflow’s free version yourself - give it a try!
Joining a new company is one of the biggest decisions we all make in life as we’re investing our most important resource - our time. At Voiceflow, we’re investing our time here because we believe in an inevitable future where many of the conversations we have with brands everyday will be increasingly automated. If that’s the future we’re all going to be a part of, then the world needs Voiceflow to ensure the teams building these conversational experiences have great tools to craft great experiences. Think of us like the Adobe creative suite for the growing world of conversational AI. You can learn more about our vision of the future here.
We’ve raised $25M USD the past 2 years from some of the world’s best investors including Felicis, Craft, True, Amazon, Google & CEOs of Figma, Webflow, Eventbrite, Invision, Producthunt, and more. We’re a small, fast growing remote team of around 35 team members from around the world, composed of dedicated and talented individuals with a core focus on engineering and product.
Voiceflow is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that our commitment to diversity & inclusion will enable us to build better digital experiences for our clients and their customers. We are dedicated to fostering a global team that reflects the diversity of the Voiceflow community. We consider employment applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, disability status, or any other protected status.
If you have any special needs or accessibility requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
How we hire
At Voiceflow, since we are a small and mighty team - we put a lot of care and time into who we hire. We take a hybrid approach when it comes to our recruitment process. We believe in a combination of conversational-style & standardized interviews along with take-home assessments for technical positions. We will ensure there is time at the end of all interviews for you to ask any questions and will keep an open-line of communication throughout the process.