“Alexa, let’s define the future of voice!”
The Alexa Voice Services team is building voice-forward experiences that delight customers. We believe customers should be able to get more use out of their existing devices, so we bring familiar and lovable Alexa experiences into products and explore new hero use cases through research, prototyping, and design development. We partner with the world’s leading device-makers and design for TVs, Smart Displays, Wearables, Hearables, Smart Speakers and Soundbars, and Computers.
This role will design the end-to-end customer experience for an industry-first emerging technology that has horizontal impact across voice and multimodal devices. They will develop strong relationships with fellow Design Leaders within and outside our organization, and partner closely with Product and Engineering counterparts throughout the product development process to launch bar-raising experiences for customers.
The right candidate is...
A bar-raising, end-to-end UX designer: You match your thoughtfulness with velocity to deliver results for customers. You cover the UX spectrum from architecture to interaction models, wireframes to prototypes, usability and user testing, and final UI designs. You’re a systems thinker who identifies and abstracts repeatable design patterns and guidance. You think big, framing designs in the context of the broader customer experience, and are equally comfortable diving deep into the details.
Attuned to customer needs and business realities: You are customer obsessed and work backwards from customer needs while understanding the business context and technical constraints.
Comfortable navigating from ambiguity to clarity: You draw upon your expertise and design process to create structure. You proactively plan ahead, look around corners, and can see the next step (even when it doesn’t exist yet).
An effective collaborator: You earn the trust of peers, leaders, cross-functional stakeholders, and partners.You build strong relationships and hold true to your commitments.
A compelling communicator, facilitator, and presenter: You have excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills. You crystalize your point of view, back up your recommendations with data, and illustrate alternatives.
An active member of the design community: You proactively seek out and offer feedback, share inspiration, and help the people on your team.
Someone who thinks like an owner: If you see something that can be improved, you make it happen.
• An available online portfolio
• Bachelor's or Master’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
• Experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar
• Experience in crafting UX solutions for multimodal products, voice user interfaces (VUI), artificial intelligence (AI), and emerging technologies.
• Experience in creating and extending design systems for multiple platforms and form factors.
• Experience designing for considerations including accessibility, scale, growth, discovery, localization, and personalization.
• Experience in providing UX recommendations for both software and hardware.
• Knowledge of usability best-practices, specifically related to local and universal visual languages, voice communication, haptic experiences, sensory combination, and symbolism / semantics.
• Demonstrated proficiency in design programs, including Sketch, and at least one industry-standard prototyping tool.
• Strong understanding of how to optimize designs based on technical capabilities and limitations (i.e. screen, no-screen, tv, desktop, mobile, voice).
• Experience creating and extending information architectures and interaction models.
• Experience creating design artifacts including customer journeys, personas and archetypes based on a deep understanding of the customer.
• Experience conducting, synthesizing, and deriving insights from generative ethnographic research and evaluative usability and user testing of concepts and features.
• Ability to clearly articulate design intent and rationale. Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Understanding of technical best practices and limitations, particularly relating to responsive design.
• Ability to translate designs into clear requirements for development.
• Proven ability to work cross-team, synthesize feedback and input from business leaders, customer research/analytics and to design creative solutions.
• Desire to work in an environment where innovation, iteration, and learning is encouraged
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair ChanceOrdinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.