LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Disney, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
• You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
• You can build partnerships that move our business forward
• You build code that is simple, understandable, and clean
• You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
• You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
• You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts
In this role you will:
• Designing and developing high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems and delivering high-availability and performance
• Design complex high performance backend services using NodeJS
• Development of technical specifications and documentation
• Debug production issues and help maintain existing code
• Participate in on-call rotations
• Work with Bots & Automation team in building next generation bot runtime platform
Your qualifications are:
• Strong programming skills in NodeJS and Java with good knowledge of Websockets and data streaming services
• Strong distributed systems experience
• Experience integrating with third party APIs
• Experience debugging/testing applications
• Knowledgeable of technologies such as SocketIO, Kafka, Redis, RabbitMQ
• Knowledgeable of distributed database technologies such as Cassandra, ElasticSearch
• Experience building RESTful microservices
• Familiar with basic Devops tasks for deploying applications in dev/test environments
• Experience with Git, Jenkins and other Development tools
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
• 3+ years experience building successful production software systems
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. You’ll have great benefits, flexible time off, plus snacks and drinks to keep your mind fresh and stomach full. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.