Team Leads play a vital role in our product and engineering organization. You will lead a team of Software Engineers that develop our programmable voice services. This includes use cases such as One Time Passwords (OTP), Number Masking, Intelligent IVRs, ChatBots, and more. Along with leadership responsibilities, Team Leads are highly skilled engineers that contribute to our services code base. This provides an opportunity to stay current in new technologies while honing your leadership skills.
We’re proud (and excited!) to be transforming the global communications landscape through our Omnichannel Platform-as-a-Service (OPaaS).
Our Birds choose where they work from in the region we’re hiring in — this could be from one of our MessageBird hubs (Amsterdam, Singapore or Bogota) or remotely so long as it’s within a complementary timezone.... Want to work from a rural retreat? Sure, no problem! How about a bustling city getaway for a few weeks? Go ahead!
We understand that “life happens” and give you the freedom to choose the best environment for you to “get s**t done”. We expand our flock without geographical restrictions. This allows us to attract and assemble an industry leading team from a huge variety of backgrounds & cultures, making us more nimble, creative, and efficient!
What you’ll do
• Lead a team of Software Engineers (typically 3-8 people).
• Help to build a high-performing, high-velocity squad, measuring and iterating on processes as we grow and evolve as a business.
• Set the right balance between finding opportunities for the team to learn/improve, and shipping products on time.
• Act as a representative for your squad when communicating with internal and external customers.
• Own the short-term delivery plan (1-2 sprints).
• Keep the squad accountable for maintaining SLOs.
• Actively contribute to the code base and user documentation.
• Provide input for Product Requirement Documents, Engineering RFCs, and other technical design documents.
What you’ll bring
• Prior experience with people management (1-2 years).
• Exceptional communication skills.
• Strong experience in Golang is a must.
• Experience with open source voice technology is highly desirable (Freeswitch, Asterisk, RTPEngine, Kamailio, OpenSIPs, etc).
• Strong experience working with relational and non-relational databases.
• Strong experience in designing, deploying, and scaling production services for consumer and enterprise facing products.
• Experience with cloud infrastructure (Google and AWS), its principles (e.g. load balancing, high availability, server-based and serverless architecture) and performance
What You’ll Gain
• Work from anywhere
• Generous stock options for all Birds
• WFH set-up budget
• State-of-the-art work gear
• Learn from hundreds of the best minds in the business
Collaborate with diverse colleagues from over 55 countries (and counting)
Life at MessageBird:
We work fast, grow fast, build fast and focus on impact. We’re go-getters, industry leaders and roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen kind of people.
Ready To Fly?
Our cloud communications solutions make it possible for over 25,000 businesses to instantly connect with billions of devices worldwide, allowing them to speak with their customers in the same ways they talk to their friends.
Headquartered in Amsterdam, we operate across 10 international hubs and we’re proud to be a “Work Anywhere” company. Our unique and united culture is rooted in our team: a diverse flock of over 700 Birds who represent 55 nationalities and counting. We’re smart, fast, and hungry. Our potential for growth is limitless. You can learn more about our story and life as a Bird via #messagebird.
MessageBird is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.