Prior Natural Language Understanding or Artificial Intelligence experience NOT REQUIRED.
You will be learning, building and using the most advanced technologies in the fields of Natural Language Understanding, Speech, Search, and AI, all built in-house here at SoundHound.
We’ve worked hard to create a platform that enables individual developers to implement deep natural language user experiences very rapidly, often within days. Your job will be to help us apply that platform to French language-specific use cases.
This is a unique opportunity to enter the next wave of computing. We are leaders in the Voice AI space with our Houndify platform; using speech to make technology more ubiquitous and accessible to everyone’s everyday lives.
About the Role
• Leverage your creativity, your C/C++ skills, and your ability to rapidly become proficient in a new programming paradigm
• Implement, scale, and maintain non-trivial functionality end-to-end, solving algorithm and design challenges
• You will be working on key portions of the unique technology powering the Hound app and Houndify platform for the French language
• Excellent coding skills in C/C++ and at least one scripting language (LUA, Python, Perl, bash, etc)
• Ability to design efficient and robust algorithms
• Ability to work on hard open-ended challenges, and improve existing solutions
• Comfortable working in a Linux environment
• BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or Computer Linguistics or equivalent
• Fluent in French (C1 or C2 level)
Nice to haves
• Experience with speech recognition (ASR), natural language understanding (NLP/NLU) and related fields
• Experience in linguistics
• Experience manipulating and managing large amounts of data
• Experience working with third-party API's
Please send us your resume and cover letter. Tell us why you would like a job at SoundHound in particular.
At SoundHound Inc., we believe every brand should have a voice. As the leading innovator of conversational technologies, we’re trusted by top brands around the globe. Houndify, our independent Voice AI platform, with 70,000+ users, allows brands to create custom voice assistants that deliver results with unprecedented speed and accuracy.
Our mission is to enable humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally. We’re making that a reality through our SoundHound music discovery app and Hound voice assistant and through our strategic partnerships with brands like Mercedes-Benz, Hyundai, Deutsche Telekom, and Pandora. Today, our customized voice AI solutions allow people to talk to phones, cars, smart speakers, mobile apps, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging ‘voice-first’ world.
Our diverse team of engineers, UX/UI designers, writers, data scientists and linguists are all passionate about creating a world with more conversations. With more than 14 years of expertise in voice technology, we have hundreds of millions of end users, and a worldwide team in six countries building solutions for a voice-first world.