Come join the team behind Alexa, building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. You can help us invent the future. As a member of our team, you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, driving the system architecture, and spearheading best practices to enable a superior product.
A day in the life
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, experienced, creative, and visionary Senior TPM to join our team. In this high profile role, you will help define and champion the vision for Alexa as it relates to building Proactive Experiences for our customers, identify and build new cross-organizational products that help Alexa move towards this vision, and then measure how effectively Alexa is tracking to it. You will collaborate with numerous product, design, user research, development, voice technology experts and other internal and executive teams to identify, define, and implement solutions to raise the bar on the Alexa customer experience, measured by an outsized impact on customers' interest in and engagement with Alexa. As a member of the team you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
About the hiring group
A lot of Alexa customers know that they can ask Alexa questions and she will respond. However, the Automation Platform charter is to enable proactive experiences that happen "automatically" without the customer asking for them. If you have used Routines in Alexa's Mobile App, you have used the Automation Platform.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
· Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• 6+ years of technical Program management in delivering large scale enterprise products.
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in a STEM related field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, tech
• Knowledge of Perl or other scripting languages a plus
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical partners
• Experience building developer facing products and services
• Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
• Experience with speech and language understanding systems
• Experience with rule engine systems
• Experience with machine learning and big data technologies (Spark, EMR)
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
• Master's in Computer Science a plus
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us