Do you want to join Alexa AI -- the science team behind Amazon’s intelligence voice assistance system? Do you want to utilize cutting-edge deep-learning and machine learning algorithms to delight millions of Alexa users around the world?
If your answers to these questions are “yes”, then come join the Alexa Artificial Intelligence team. We are responsible for the deep learning technology that is central to the automated ranking and arbitration to optimize for end-to-end customer satisfaction.
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will work with talented peers to develop novel algorithms and modeling techniques to advance the state of the art in spoken language understanding. Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of products and services that make use of speech and language technology. You will leverage Amazon’s heterogeneous data sources and large-scale computing resources to accelerate advances in spoken language understanding.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related technical field
• 3+ years experience with programming languages such as C/C++, Java, Perl or Python and open-source technologies (Apache, Hadoop)
• 3+ years experience with OO design and common design pattern
• 3+ years experience with data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Graduate degree (MS or PhD) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, Mathematics, or related technical field 3+ years experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs
• Experience optimizing for short term execution while planning for long term technical capabilities
• Ability to prototype and evaluate applications and interaction methodologies
• Ability to produce code that is fault-tolerant, efficient, and maintainable
• Academic and/or industry experience with standard AI and ML techniques, NLU and scientific thinking
• Experience working effectively with science, data processing, and software engineering teams
• Ability and willingness to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly
• Written and verbal technical communication skills with an ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation