Are you looking for a new challenge in your software engineering career? Imagine what you could do here at Apple, a place where new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services and customer experiences!
Siri is a technology that is used by millions of people every day across the world. As a full stack engineer within Apple's Machine Learning and AI team you will have the opportunity to develop internal, web-based tools which will have a big impact on the future of Siri.
The Cambridge based Siri tooling team is growing and needs enthusiastic and forward-thinking developers. If you are passionate about software engineering, and want to make an impact, we'd love to hear from you!
- Experience developing APIs and API driven applications
- Passion for web based user experience
- Ability to own and lead the development of product features from inception to deployment
- Capable of translating high-level product direction into technical features
- Clear communicator able to collaboratively develop innovative solutions that elegantly solve user problems
- Ability to work with others and support team-mates when they need assistance
The tooling team within the Natural Language team provides tooling to support model training, data management, internationalization and annotation for natural language processing. As part of this team you will create and contribute to internal, web-based tools to help our partners work efficiently and deliver the next generation of Siri experiences. We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic developers who are keen to make a difference, and are willing to take ownership over the end to end delivery of impactful, new tools.
As a full stack engineer within this team you will be expected to focus on developing React based single-page applications. You will also be expected to learn and understand how parts of Siri are developed so that you can propose and implement new tools in order to improve processes. People skills are very much valued, as developing relationships with your colleagues from the Natural Language teams all over the world will help you identify and prioritise the right features to help our customers. You will be a product engineer, who actively cares that tools you create make a difference to your colleagues' success in the long run. We need people who are happy to take ownership over problems, and come up with solutions.
At Apple, team players are very much appreciated, we really value developers who are excited to work with other people and share their knowledge to develop the best features possible. There is plenty of opportunity to develop and learn new skills, and the team will always be ready to support you when you want to take on more responsibility. You don't need to be perfect, you just need to be ready to learn!
Education & Experience
- MSc or BSc in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Bachelors or Masters in Engineering, Computer Science, Maths or Science is useful, but other routes into software development are accepted, and professional experience is just as important.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.