This role will be based in either San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Chicago, Seattle, New York, or Home Office depending on which location the applicant chosen for the role is currently residing.
At LinkedIn, we trust each other to do our best work where it works best for us and our teams. This role offers both hybrid or remote work options, meaning you can work from home and commute to a LinkedIn office, depending on what’s best for you and when it is important for your team to be together, or this role can be performed remotely in most locations in the country of employment.
LinkedIn’s vision is to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce. Our global Product Design team advances this vision through quality and inclusive design. We're passionate about designing an equal, fair, and accessible platform that’s modern, engaging, and responsible.
Our products help professionals all over the world stay connected, informed, and productive. The LinkedIn ecosystem is about more than just job hunting. We create and support active communities and enterprise products around sales, marketing, learning, and recruiting.
LinkedIn's Content Design discipline is a small but growing team, and you can bring your point of view, talent, and passion to help shape our consumer and enterprise experiences. We’re looking for someone who loves making products great by using simple, clear language, can design content with an authentic, human voice, and who is energized by the challenge of building a new discipline at an established company.
This is a brand-new role that’s a blend of content design and conversational design. You’ll be a content designer whose main focus will be creating the content for chatbots across our enterprise products. You’ll join a team of content designers who:
• Influence strategy and tell LinkedIn’s story by collaborating with cross-functional product teams, creating innovative experiences, and designing language that speaks directly to our members and customers
• Play a key role in crafting the user experience, working with designers, product managers, product marketers, user researchers, engineers, localization professionals, brand marketers, and other stakeholders
• Help shape and evolve the Content Design discipline at LinkedIn, including developing processes, structure, and design systems
• Deliver LinkedIn’s vision, to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce, and our mission, to connect the world’s professionals to make them more productive and successful
• Design interaction flows for chatbots
• Write natural-sounding dialogue and supporting content for chatbots that upholds the LinkedIn brand voice and tone
• Collaborate with researchers, product designers, content designers, product marketers, localization, and legal representatives to ensure our chatbot content is consistent, natural-sounding, compliant, inclusive, and accessible
• Research and recommend conversational tools
• Document and demonstrate processes, workflow, feedback history, and decisions
• Contribute to content guidelines, develop content patterns, and evolve our voice and tone guidelines
• Work with a global lens to deliver consistent content experiences across the product ecosystem
• Identify opportunities for content design involvement within the business area
• Present case studies to the team, business area, and larger Design organization
• Create and influence processes to streamline production in the business area
• Coach other disciplines in content/conversation design collaboration and practices
• Provide tools, talks, tips, and forums to communicate value and elevate the writing of the entire team
• To be considered for this position, you must include your portfolio, website, or other samples of work
• 5+ years of experience planning, writing, editing, and creating content strategy for web and mobile
• 3+ years of experience developing interaction flows and dialogue for conversational UI
• Background in UX and experience collaborating with design and user research
• BA or advanced degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or related discipline such as Human Computer Interaction
• Experience with writing for both consumer and enterprise audiences
• Experience working on a global product
• Expresses a point-of-view through writing or speaking on topics related to content design
• Demonstrates ability to influence decisions on other projects within their business area and across a larger organization
• Experience in creating clear, engaging presentations and documentation for stakeholders and key audiences
• Effectively communicates the content experience to executives and stakeholders
• Demonstrates an understanding of and empathy for other disciplines and points of view
• Wants to contribute to LinkedIn’s mission and vision
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.