The Customer Contact Product Team plays a critical role in delivering technology solutions that enhance the Contact Centre experience for our customers and colleagues. Channels are a crucial part of the Contact Centre providing the technical solutions for our customers to contact us through Voice, Live Chat or Social. As the Senior Product Manager for Channels you will define the strategy for all Channels and work with our strategic partners to deliver industry leading capabilities that will drive our Contact Centre forward.
We’re a multi-channel, multi-brand business serving millions of customers a day, with the UK’s largest loyalty scheme and an ever-evolving set of digital platforms. All of this equals over 1.2 billion transactions each year, presenting a volume, depth and complexity of data that few can match.
We don’t think we’re exaggerating when we say we have the most exciting data set in the country. And from the insights gained, we build scalable, high-performance products using cutting-edge technology that give our customers an amazing shopping experience – like our award-winning Smartshop app. In an inclusive, agile environment, you’ll have the space to be curious, to experiment, and to solve real-world challenges. And you’ll get to see your creations in the hands of millions of people across the UK.
As Senior Product Manager, you’ll focus on understanding, anticipating and exceeding customer product needs, creating opportunities to add broad appeal to customers and championing their long-term vision to support our business strategy.
Always considering the market context, you’ll clearly articulate the business benefit of potential and current products, while tracking both effort and value delivery, to identify opportunities for cost reduction and quality improvement.
You’ll utilise a variety of techniques to develop your understanding of the tech landscape and customer expectations of technology, using product metrics to prioritise their specific product roadmap effectively and seeking out data and insights to allow you to make informed decisions.
More about the role
• You’ll support the strategy and develop specific roadmaps and backlogs for products, building in complete end to end customer experiences that deliver on agreed product metrics (OKRs)
• You’ll own the customer and business value for specific products, including securing support through the appropriate process and relevant technology teams
• Accountable for end-to-end delivery in product management for specific products, ensuring activity is prioritised in line with the agreed product goals and metrics
• You’ll maintain a realistic 90-day roadmap, as well as a prioritised, estimated FY backlog and regularly communicating progress, proactively managing risks/issues to remove blockers
• Lead the collaboration within both the core family team, other product teams and 3rd parties to launch new product features, maximising re-use across the business
• Evaluation of potential partner relationships; helping to identify necessary and/or desirable third-party technology to evaluate and select vendors
• You’ll support the communication and resolution of live product incidents and effectively prioritise, coordinate and communicate the resolution of production issues
More about you
• Possess knowledge and understanding of a retail business and the technology landscape, and how to maximise the value that products can and will add
• Clear understanding of Agile delivery and modern engineering team practices
• Knowledge of technical product development principles and methodologies
• Judgement to make sometimes difficult and complex decisions at pace, including comfortable dealing with ambiguous situations and help drive toward clarity
• Drive to seek value and help motivate and support technology teams
• An ability to creatively problem solve and enthusiasm for delivering change through people and technology
• A high level of team contribution, seek opportunities to provide input and support across the team and outside core areas of focus, role model effective collaboration
As well as lots of on-the-job training and endless opportunities, you’ll get:
• Colleague discount across our multi-brands – Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat
• Holiday allowance
• Bonus scheme
• Pension plan
• Special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust them to decide how, where and when they work, combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours, giving them plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals.