Samsung Bixby Labs is working towards a vision of a voice assistant that provides a unified AI experience across multiple devices. Our industry-leading hardware platforms like the Galaxy phones, and home appliances like the smart refrigerators and TVs, smart washers and dryers, etc allow for deep-integration of the AI services like Bixby voice assistant and hardware devices. Real-time AI services on these connected IoT devices enable users to interact with devices more naturally via spoken dialog, visual interaction, continuous learning, and big data analysis. Researchers and engineers at Samsung Research America (SRA), located in Mountain View, CA, are working hard towards making the Samsung vision a reality.
- Design, implement, and maintain test automation suites for Bixby voice assistant on multiple devices.
- You will be responsible for testing devices on different operating systems along with testing services and background products.
- Create test plans and test cases driven by requirements/specifications.
- Participate in sprint planning activities, daily stand-ups; help ensure comprehensive test coverage by working closely with the product and engineering teams to prioritize testing execution and report on test execution progress and results.
- Assist release engineering in managing releases.
- Replace manual test suites with test automation when possible.
- Automate IoT AI device testing and on-device AI testing.
- Lead and collaborate with partner teams to assure smooth project execution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/MS or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 12 + years of working experience in software quality assurance is preferred.
- Must have experience with SW testing techniques and approaches; Ownership of test plan development and execution for customer-facing applications.
- Should have good knowledge of generic SQA tools required (for example: JIRA, Wiki, Git, Selenium, TestNG, etc.).
- Sound knowledge of CI-CD tools like Jenkins is expected.
- Candidates with coding and API testing will be preferred.
- Knowledge of AI testing preferred.
- Should have good verbal communication skills.
- Experience in App testing on mobile phone, TV, and other IoT devices preferred.
- Experience with Voice Assistants preferred.
Our total rewards programs are designed to motivate and engage exceptional talent. The base pay range for roles at this level is $169,200 and $253,750 but may be higher or lower in other states due to geographic differentials in the labor market. Within the base pay range, individual rates depend on a number of factors—including the role’s function and location as well as the individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, education and training. This is part of our comprehensive compensation package with annual bonus eligibility and generous benefits to help you live life well.
Regular full-time employees (salaried or hourly) have access to benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Employee Purchase Program, Tuition Assistance (after 6 months), Paid Time Off, Student Loan Program (after 6 months), Wellness Incentives, and many more. In addition, regular full-time employees (salaried or hourly) are eligible for MBO bonus compensation, based on company, division, and individual performance.
Essential Job Functions
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, and frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Samsung Research America is committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws related to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the recruiter or email SRA_HR@samsung.com
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity
Samsung Research America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For more information regarding protection from discrimination under Federal law for applicants and employees, please refer to the links below.