Do you want to own cutting edge technology, solve new problems that didn’t exist before, and have the ability to see the impact of your successes?
The Alexa Alarms team’s charter is to become the world's best Alarm clock and our goal is to provide customers with a reliable and delightful wake up experience. Alarms is one of the most highly used features on Alexa and the candidate joining the team can drive high impact through his/her contributions. Alarms is a high traffic domain and hosts an eco-system of distributed cloud-side services and device infrastructure to support high customer traffic. The nature of the system leads to several challenges including scaling and reliability which are the top focus areas for the team. We are growing our product into new avenues and recently launched an Alarm Tones marketplace on the Alexa App and built a new monetization channel for Alexa. Our vision is to become a successful sleep and wake up assistant and get our customers to sleep better and help wake them up at the right time.
SDEs at Amazon work on real world problems on a global scale, own their systems end to end and influence the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions customers around the world.
At Amazon an SDE can expect to design flexible and scalable solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing by utilizing your skills in data structures, algorithms, and object oriented programming.
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
• Knowledge of Perl or other scripting languages a plus
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Experience in optimization mathematics (linear programming, nonlinear optimization)
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Previous technical internship(s) preferred
• Graduate degree a plus
• By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us