We are looking for a Research Scientist to join our team in advancing the state-of-the-art research in the sub-areas of conversational AI such as scaling dialog policies across domains, multimodal dialog management, user satisfaction modeling, reinforcement learning based dialog policies.
Facebook AI’s mission is to empower people to build community and bring the world closer together through artificial intelligence. Conversational systems are becoming an integral part of our daily routines. Every day, millions of people use natural-language interfaces via in-home devices, phones, or messaging channels such as Messenger to connect with each other. We strive to create new conversational technologies that have a deep understanding of the context and deliver a personalized experience to the user that is both task oriented and empathic. The next generation of conversational AI systems will be multi-modal and pro-active, integrating cues across several modalities to provide creative and on-spot response to the users.
Postdoctoral Researcher, Conversational AI Responsibilities
• Conduct research to advance the state-of-the-art in conversational AI
• Adapt machine learning and neural network algorithms for training competitive, state-of-the-art models while making the best use of modern parallel environments (e.g. distributed clusters, GPU)
• Currently has or is in the process of obtaining a PhD degree in the field of Computer Science, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience. Degree must be completed prior to joining Meta.
• Research and/or work experience in machine learning, deep learning, and/or computer vision.
• Coding experience in C, C++, Java, Python or similar language.
• Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
• Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience. Degree must be completed prior to joining Meta.
• Research and software engineer experience demonstrated via an internship, work experience, coding competitions.
• Complex implementation experience in deep learning visible in GitHub or other such platforms.
• First-authored publications at peer-reviewed conferences (e.g. EMNLP, ACL, NAACL, ICML, NeurIPS, CVPR, ECCV, ICCV or similar).
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.