Would you like to help shape the future of how people interact naturally with technology? Join the Siri Conversational Interaction Design team at Apple, and help us build groundbreaking voice and multimodal experiences informed by artificial intelligence and rooted in the principles of human-centered design.
Our team applies a broad range of user experience design skills to envision, craft, and specify fluid voice and conversational systems. Increasingly, this means systems that not only listen for what you say, but that also analyze what you’re doing and what they’re sensing to determine what you mean.
We collaborate with multi-disciplinary, cross-functional teams with diverse backgrounds in speech and natural language processing, computer vision, software engineering, data science, visual design, marketing, project management, and other areas.
- 3+ years’ experience in voice, graphical or multimodal interaction/user experience design for consumer products, or equivalent experience in academia/research
- Proven experience devising, mocking up, negotiating, evaluating, and refining design solutions with partners
- Prior successful collaboration with researchers, software engineers, data scientists, human factors engineers, or other technical team members
- Excellent visual, written, and verbal communication skills
- A strong portfolio demonstrating both personal and team-based work
- Passion for learning new technologies and collaborating with diverse teams
- Desired Qualifications
- Voice/conversational, graphical, gestural, and/or computer vision–based user interface design experience
- Experience designing user interfaces for iOS or other mobile platforms
- Experience devising data collection protocols or usability studies
- Programming and/or interactive prototyping experience
Our team is seeking a user experience designer to create new, multimodal features for Siri and Dictation, and to improve the usability and utility of existing ones.
Education & Experience
Master's degree in HCI, Interaction Design, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, Psychology, Linguistics, or a related discipline; or Bachelor's degree plus equivalent work experience.