The Siri Conversational Interaction design team is seeking an outstanding user experience designer to create new features for Siri and Dictation, and to improve the usability and utility of existing ones.
Apple is looking for an inventive and enthusiastic interaction/UX designer who is ready to apply their expertise to the exciting challenge of designing voice and multimodal interfaces for Siri and Dictation. This is a unique opportunity to shape the core interaction models for intelligent, category-defining consumer devices and services.
Siri and Dictation designers apply a broad range of skills to envision, design, and specify platform-level (iOS, watchOS, etc.) experiences for working with text and interacting with virtual assistants.
The ideal candidate should have a passion for great design and familiarity with seamlessly blending multiple modes of input (voice, touch, etc.) and output (voice, screen, haptics, etc.).
They should possess an interest in digital experiences that preserve a human touch; a keen eye for detail; an understanding of when and how to use visual feedback; and the ability to turn complex problems into simple, compelling solutions that are both useful and delightful.
As an Interaction Designer, you will define and document platform-appropriate scenarios and use cases; create detailed design specifications to document your interaction proposals; and partner closely with engineering and other teams to ship features on time.
• Experience in GUI design or interaction design for consumer products
• Proven experience devising, mocking up, negotiating, evaluating, and refining design
solutions with partners
• Prior successful collaboration with software engineers and other development team members
• Excellent visual, written, and verbal communication skills
• A strong portfolio demonstrating both personal and team-based work
• Passion for learning new technologies and collaborating with diverse teams
• Experience designing user interfaces for iOS or other mobile platforms
• Voice or conversational user interface design experience
• Experience creating, conducting, and analyzing user studies
• Programming and/or interactive prototyping experience
• Multilingual skills is preferred
Education & Experience
Master's degree in HCI, Interaction Design, Cognitive Psychology, Linguistics, or a related discipline; or Bachelor's degree with equivalent work experience is preferred