We are seeking an entrepreneurial and passionate Managing Director of Conversational Platform Technology. This is an opportunity to lead a cutting edge team that is respected for the products they produce and client satisfaction those products support. Schwab's Intelligent Assistant, Alexa, and Google Assistant offers exceptional customer service, brokerage, and bank products to retail investors.
The Managing Director’s role will collaborate with other product and technology teams, as well as lead a platform team to holistically enhance a robust and efficient client experience.
What you are good at
An ideal candidate will be leading a team with experience in building products with Data Science, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, and Artificial Intelligence. Collaborate with leadership team in defining a clear roadmap within the relevant Schwab channels. Other responsibilities include:
• Lead a team of talented software development engineers to take our client centric Conversational IA solutions to the next level
• Strong experience with automation and integration with third-party products.
• Provide technical leadership to developers as our growth and scale drives the need to mature our development culture and processes across geographically distributed teams (including automation, CI/CD, and DevOps)
• Scale current Agile implementation to ensure we continuously optimize our ability to rapidly deliver features/fixed to our clients
• Establish OKR’s for the organization in areas of excellence
• Execute the platform vision by actively connecting with technology teams and participating in agile scrum ceremonies, including owning the roadmaps and prioritizing the backlog as necessary
Provide timely and proactive production support to clients
• Provide regular and concise updates to the Senior Management Team
What you have
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or relevant experience
• 6+ years of Software Development management experience
• 1+ years of working with Chatbot and Machine Learning interfaces
• Solid understanding of the SDLC and project planning/execution skills including estimating and scheduling.
• Must be self-starter, very detailed and analytical, and have a curious mind that enjoys digging into how things work and continuously strives to enhance the product, workflow and the process.
• Works well in a dynamic, fast-moving and collective work environment, with a positive attitude and solid work ethic.
• Keen eye for recognizing consistent and efficient client experiences and promoting a continuous improvement culture. Experience on an agile mobile application development team is highly preferred.
At Schwab, “Own Your Tomorrow” embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees unleash their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth. We’re a modern financial services firm that stands apart from the industry, where you can go as far as your ambition takes you.