The Walmart Emerging-Tech group is a new group charted to drive the creation of the next generation retail and shopping experiences for both online and in-store. The group leads Walmarts efforts in the areas of Conversational AI, Voice Assistants, Extended Reality and more. The groups focus is to explore and build prototypes of innovative shopping experiences and build platforms to enable scaling of these experiences.
As part of this emerging-tech group we are looking for a software engineer for building the infrastructure and platform for creating the next-generation of extended-reality/AR experiences.
In this role, you will
Join a newly created team as one of the early engineers and will have significant opportunity to make an impact by building the next generation of extended reality/AR experiences for online and in-store customers
Design, prototype and build new and innovative AR retail experiences to demonstrate and accelerate AR adoption across the company.
Design and build APIs, platforms and tools to scale creation of AR experiences across Walmart
Solve real customer problems and help hundreds of millions of Walmart customers to save money and live better
• Strong design, architecture, and problem-solving skills.
• An entreprenurial mindset who can do whatever it takes to quickly build new MVPs.
• Experience building consumer mobile apps and/or AR/VR products.
• Strong communication skills
• Prior experience building and launching AR/Vision/VR products and/or services
• Background in e-commerce or retail
• Experience building products leveraging computer vision and/or ML/deep learning
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?