Join the Microsoft Conversational AI team and contribute to Bot Framework and Azure Bot Service, the world’s most powerful platform for creating conversational experiences! We build and operate the components and services used to connect AI systems up to users on Microsoft Teams, Facebook Messenger, Office 365 mail, and more. We’re an agile, cross-discipline team with experience in social, search+graph, and conversation-driven experiences, and our goal is to enable our customers to create natural conversational systems used in business, social, and humanitarian scenarios.
Azure Bot Service is the online nexus for these technologies: we create developer platforms that make it easy to create a Bot Framework bot, and run it online in Azure. We’re involved in every part of the developer and user experience: we operate the Bot Framework developer portal (https://dev.botframework.com) the entry point to all Bot Framework channels; we define conversational protocols used by Teams, Skype, Outlook, and others; we operate services that handled billions of requests per day; we add innovative new features into the SDKs and tools used by developers in creating their bots. Our team works predominantly in C# and .Net, with some properties in JS/React, and we ship on Azure and open-source technologies like Azure Web Apps and Kubernetes. We spend our time building high-volume, reliable services on the best technology available from Microsoft and the open-source community.
The Microsoft Bot Framework team is looking for a talented front-end SDE looking to work on open source projects. These projects are public on GitHub and include electron apps such as the Bot Framework Composer, React packages such as Bot Framework Web Chat, and other front-end applications. You’ll be developing and working in rich front-end frameworks that provide direct user experiences to end-users and developers. As the conversational AI landscape evolves, you’ll be asked to develop new code, new tools, new controls, and new applications to meet the needs of our customers.
The Microsoft Bot Framework allows developers to build, connect, deploy, and manage intelligent bots that naturally interact with users on a website, in an application, with Cortana, Teams, Skype, Slack, Facebook Messenger, and other 1st and 3rd party channels. Daily, you’ll be expected to participate and engage with our broader community around issues, suggestions, and improvements.
We are the Bot Framework team, and we are a key part of Microsoft’s strategy around building AI applications. You’ll be working with researchers pioneering the latest advances in AI and Machine Learning while at the same time working with our ecosystem of developers to build practical applications that solve real-world problems.
Success will require being comfortable working on a wide variety of GitHub hosted open source projects, designing, implementing and enhancing User Experiences and working on development tooling. Our work embraces Web, Windows, macOS, and Linux environments equally. Developer empathy and a passion around helping the development community be successful is required.
• Create best-in-class services for supporting AI bot development
• Contribute technical expertise throughout all stages of product design and development, conceptual design, visual design language and motion personality, input language, UI platform and tools maturity, prototyping and production
• Consistent delivery of services, tools, and documentation to solve real customer problems
• Work cross-team to drive innovation that spans different services and SDKs
• 5 + years of industry experience developing and implementing front-end User Experiences at scale.
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
• Demonstrated CS fundamentals with a deep appreciation for the differences between platforms and environments.
• Demonstrated technical design, problem solving and debugging skills.
• Experience with React, TypeScript, Node.js, and front-end state management solutions such as Redux, Recoil, or MobX.
• Unwavering passion to understand and simplify the developer experience.
• Fantastic communication skills.
A track record of working collaboratively to understand customer needs and create solutions that positively impact our customers.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.