Viv Labs is a startup founded by the team that created Siri. Viv was acquired by Samsung in 2016 to produce the technology behind Bixby, Samsung’s next generation conversational assistant. Bixby is now in hundreds of millions of devices across mobile, smart-home appliances, and TVs, with more to come and is offering its industry-leading AI platform and tools to any developer in order to scale their services within an open marketplace. Bixby is truly an open platform that lets any developer extend its knowledge and capabilities and you can watch the Keynote presentation from SDC 2019 to see the Bixby Developer Studio in action.
As an Applied Research Engineer here you will directly contribute to Bixby’s Natural Language Understanding (NLU) platform which is taught in a distributed, self-service way by developers and has the potential to grow into one of the most broadly scaled NLU systems in existence. By researching modern Artificial Intelligence algorithms and applying them to our NLU capabilities you will develop and extend our solutions for real-world problems as we aim to fundamentally shift the human computer paradigm as users will be able to interact with devices more naturally via spoken dialog, visual interaction, and continuous learning.
Some areas of research and production development will include:
• Create and develop state-of-the-art conversational AI algorithms: natural language understanding, dialogue and natural language generation
• Apply/extend machine learning, deep learning, active learning, statistical algorithms
• Develop Conversational AI over multiple devices (phone, fridge, TV, …)
• Leverage context for Conversational AI (dialogue histories, geo, screen content, personalization, etc.)
• Master or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related technical field
• Experience in Natural Language Understanding, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, or Computer Vision
• Experience developing and training machine learning models including neural network models using packages like TensorFlow and PyTorch
• Programming experience in Java, Python, C++
• Contributions to the research community with a strong publication record in conferences like NeurIPS, ICML, EMNLP, ACL, AAAI, SIG DIAL, ICASSP, CVPR, etc.
In addition to the competitive salary package as a Viv employee you will start enjoying attractive benefits starting on your very first day!
Join us and enjoy our benefits starting with a complete health and insurance package for Viv's employees and their families; 401k matching -- we match $1 for every pre-tax or Roth dollar for the first 5% that you save; 20 days PTO and 11 holidays combined with flexible working arrangement policies designed to maintain a great work-life balance, including “work from home” Thursdays; Take advantage of our brand new spacious office with 360 views of the valley; Lunchtime soccer and basketball for those interested, an on-site gym, and a stocked kitchen to keep you physically and mentally fit; Monthly stipend for phone or internet service; Downtown location with free parking or subsidized transportation (GoPass, AmTrack, etc).
Viv Labs is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.