We, the AWS Chatbot team, are a group of engineers and designers who are determined to change the way how customers interact with AWS. Our mission is to enable customers to interact, operate and have a conversation with their AWS resources in a collaborative environment . We are a team of builders working on a new AWS service that is built on severless technologies and uses Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Machine Learning (ML) for comprehending complex queries and providing insightful recommendations. We are looking for passionate, intelligent leaders who have a strong sense of ownership and thoughtful engineering mind. If you want your work to positively impact the lives of millions of people and you’re up for a challenge, we must talk.
If you are looking for an opportunity to build out brand new products using complex, scalable, highly available systems, and create the business impact by improving customer experience. This is a chance to join a high-visibility startup within AWS but with solid backing from the company. We are looking for technical leaders who are motivated to tackle ambiguous situations, rapidly produce prototypes, and outline path from prototype to product. We need enthusiasts who appreciates craftsmanship in delivering user-friendly UX that earns customer trust and enables them to grow fast with AWS.
Key job responsibilities
• Designing scalable, secure and reliable software architecture.
• Solving complex technical problems.
• Guiding leadership and mentoring peers on technical aspects.
• Improve operational excellence within the team.
• Design, implement and deliver software systems end-to-end.
About the team
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 2+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
• 5+ years of relevant experience in Software development.
• 5+ years of experience in designing & building complex software systems.
• 5+ years of experience in effectively operating a complex system that is highly reliable and scalable.
• Experience with distributed system design, micro-service architecture, using cloud services, serverless technologies, natural language processing, machine learning, and basic data analytics.
• Experience translating mockups and prototypes into working applications.
• Strong track record delivering high quality software on time.
• Practical knowledge of professional software engineering practices including the full software development life cycle, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.