n the Intelligent Automation we design, build, and operate the bank's Chatbots, Data Science, NLP/NLG, and Robotics projects.
We're a diverse group of people: Software Engineers, Product Owners, Business Analysts, Robotics Specialists, Conversation Designers and many more. We come from a variety of backgrounds across the globe, but we all share in the vision of the untapped potential of human and machine intelligence.
We want to make the bank safer, faster, and more effective. We're realizing a future where machine intelligence takes away repetitive manual tasks and provides insight and direction to our colleagues - empowering them to do more, with less effort.
What you'll do
We believe that people don't fit neatly into roles, and we value everyone's individual skills, experience, and knowledge — it's what makes you awesome!
What follows is what you might find yourself doing on an average day in Virtual Assistants, but your experience will depend on the team's needs as well as your own aspirations. Our goal is to help you develop in a way that fulfils you, and create an environment where you can do what you enjoy.
• You’ll aim deliver the highest quality customer driven software whilst continually challenging, motivating, mentoring and supporting their engineering teams.
• Do you enjoy working in cross-disciplinary teams showcasing your excellent interpersonal and communication skill whilst efficiently working to ensure software operates as intended?
• You'll be be an advocate for Engineering, providing a voice to engineers within the teams, identifying resolution of impediments and issues as well as continually developing themselves with industry best practice and tooling used across their engineering team.
• As a leader you will blend both deep domain and technical expertise within a feature team and great passion for coaching and developing people in a “player-coach” model.
• You’ll be able to use your knowledge of DevOps/SRE and knowledge of automated builds, code quality metrics etc. to appreciate and acknowledge the impact of system design decisions on scalability, resilience and supportability.
• You’ll be using your track record on a production platform, along with your interpersonal and communications skills to ensure that Virtual Assistants continues provide excellent live service performance.
What we’re looking for:
• Solid understanding of the entire software development lifecycle
• Significant experience with agile development methods & tooling e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Jira & Confluence
• Experience of using modern software development toolsets including DevOps, Continuous Integration and Delivery
• Azure Dev Ops pipelines with nexus, sonareqube
• Jenkins Groovy JobDSL and Pipeline DSL
• Containers at scale: AKS/EKS, Docker, Kubernetes, Istio etc. Helm
• Experiences and understanding of Microservices / service mesh, reverse proxy and API Gateways
• Infrastructure /deployment strategies.
• Logging management: Azure
We're committed to employing a diverse and inclusive workforce, reflective of the customers and communities we serve – where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit.
And we’re proud to have received these industry recognitions: Stonewall Top Private Sector Employer, Top10 Employer for Working Families, The Times Top 50 Employer for Women and both Gold Standard and Best Workplace Adjustments Process from the Business Disability Forum