In Intelligent Automation we are committed to the mission of automating the routine whilst supercharging our understanding, to deliver a seamless experience for our customers and colleagues. We're a diverse group of people. Software Engineers, Robotics Specialists, Cognitive Developers, Data Scientists, Conversation Designers, Natural Language Engineers and many more. We come from a variety of backgrounds across the globe, but we all share in the vision of the untapped potential of human and machine intelligence.
Cognitive Natural Language systems are a channel that mimic human interaction to help scale and augment human expertise, bringing information to customers and colleagues in a timely, natural and useable way – perfect in the shape of Virtual Assistant chat bots for Customer Service use cases. By pairing smart people with smart machines, we build conversational interfaces (text or voice) which not only assist our customers and colleagues but also undertake tasks for them. However, our aspirations and roadmap, are keen to take this proposition much further.
Here’s where you’ll make a difference:
What follows is what you might find yourself doing as a Quality Engineer on a day-to-day basis, but your role can be flexible depending on the team's needs, and your own aspirations. Our goal is to help you develop in a way that fulfils you and create an environment where you can do what you enjoy.
- You’ll aim deliver the highest quality customer driven software.
- Work in cross-disciplinary teams showcasing your excellent interpersonal and communication skills whilst efficiently working to ensure software operates as intended.
- Grows own capabilities by pursuing and investing in personal development opportunities and develops the capabilities of direct reports by working within existing development framework.
- Provide specialised training or coaching!
- Identifies shortcomings and suggests improvements to existing processes, systems and procedures, then delivers a plan for change.
Like the modern Britain we serve, we’re evolving. Investing billions in our people, data and tech to transform the way we meet the ever-changing needs of our 26 million customers. We’re growing with purpose. Join us on our journey and you will too…
What you’ll need -
We believe that people don't fit neatly into roles, and we value everyone's individual skills, experience, and knowledge — it's what makes you amazing!
As a minimum to be considered, we would like to see demonstrated experience of:
- Excellent Node.js skills (Node.js should be your primary coding language)
- Experience with Full Stack (Express, React).
- Experience with non-relational databases such as MongoDB
- Experience with agile development and practices such as Continuous Integration and Delivery.
- What are the nice to haves?
- Infrastructure /deployment strategies.
- Cloud technologies such as Microsoft Azure
- Containers at scale: Docker, Kubernetes, Istio, Helmfiles
- Experiences and understanding of Microservices / service mesh, reverse proxy and API Gateways
About working for us
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture.
We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative.
And it’s why we especially welcome applications from under-represented groups.
We’re disability confident. So, if you’d like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know.
We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual bonus award, subject to Group performance
- Share schemes including free shares!
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping.
- 30 days’ holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
Want to do amazing work, that’s interesting and makes a difference to millions of people?