Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
We’re looking for a Frontend Engineer to join our cross functional team focused on delivering a frictionless audio experience in the car. This work will also be powered by Spotify’s own voice stack and learning more about audio in the car and further enhancing all auto experiences. The team consists of a mixture of backend, frontend, embedded, QA and mobile engineers and we value and foster the T-shapedness so working in our team will not only give you the chance to solve interesting problems in your area of expertise but also to take a look in other areas of engineering. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences audio.
What you’ll do
• Plan, design and build a new auto first user interface
• Plan, design and build auxiliary systems including but not limited to: customer service interfaces, web sites, landing pages, etc.
• Collaborate with mobile, backend, embedded engineers to create a consistent and optimized architecture
• Collaborate with our QA engineers on developing E2E automation and help them test your solution
• Deliver testable, maintainable and high-quality code
• Work in an environment that supports your individual growth
• Share knowledge, evangelize best practices and collaborate with some of the best engineers in the company
Who you are
• You have an interest to dive into other areas of engineering and learn about backend or mobile or embedded engineering
• You are comfortable working in an agile environment, and are comfortable challenging yourself and your team to improve their ways of working
• You like working in a fast-paced environment and you are not afraid of change
• You have experience with continuous delivery and automated testing
• You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and can communicate your ideas
• You value team success over personal success
You will be working from our awesome headquarter offices in central Stockholm. We offer relocation packages if you do not currently live in Sweden.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users.