A global design agency is looking for a conversational AI designer to join a new team dedicated to expanding the practice of conversational design — and supporting our local studios across Europe. Even though conversational technology abounds in today’s world, we believe that we’re just starting to understand the best way to craft machine-human conversations. Our team will work with leading academics to conduct research and experimentation around conversational design, bringing fresh thinking and insights to our clients.
We’re looking for a senior conversation designer, who has a strong interest and point of view on this field and is passionate about its potential. You’ll have experience designing conversational agents and/or voice-activated user interfaces. You know the difference between NLP and NLU, but you're driven by solving human problems and designing a more accessible human experience.
You’ll be highly skilled at creating conversational flows, and comfortable with the technical possibilities and constraints. You’ll also be a strong communicator and collaborator, ready to share knowledge and build a community with teams in local markets. Your previous experience might include writing Written conversational tone of voice, or brand guidelines. Or may have re-designed a call centre virtual agent and customer experience. Perhaps you’ve created skills for voice assistants like Alexa or Siri
• 3-5 years’ conversational design experience, ideally for both chat and voice assistants.
• A background in interaction design for consumer products and services, which may have been focused on content design UX writing, information architecture, and/or content strategy.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, knowledge of grammar and proof-reading skills.
• Experience design and facilitating workshops and client ideation sessions.
• Familiarity with conversation design tools like BotMock or Bot Society; familiarity with interaction design tools like Adode XD, Figma, Miro etc.
• Strong research skills, including planning, execution and research synthesis
• Interest and point of view on human-computer interaction/the field of conversation design and its potential
• Comfortable designing for data and AI capabilities and familiarity with conversational technology
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skill, knowledge of grammar and proof-reading skills.
• Ability to translate complex subjects and language into accessible, engaging and human content.