As a Software Development Engineer for the Alexa team, you will be responsible for translating business and functional requirements into concrete deliverables with the design, development, testing, and deployment of highly scalable distributed services. You will also partner with scientists and platform engineers to help invent, implement, and connect sophisticated algorithms to our cloud based engines. A successful candidate should have knowledge of research domains including AI, NLU, ML, and Dialog Management. They should also be very agile in developing flexible software with respect to scientific, experimentation methods and usage patterns. Additional responsibilities include:
• Developing and maintaining core system features
• Helping define product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product
• Working with scientists and other engineers to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology, and evaluate technical feasibility
• Operate in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 1+ years of industry experience.
• 1 years of programming in one or more object-oriented languages like Java/Python/C#/Ruby/Objective C/C++
• Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
• MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, Mathematics, or related technical field
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
• Experience optimizing for short term execution while planning for long term technical capabilities
• Ability to prototype and evaluate applications and interaction methodologies
• Ability to produce code that is fault-tolerant, efficient, and maintainable
• Academic and/or industry experience with standard AI and ML techniques, NLU, and scientific thinking
• Experience working effectively with science, data processing, and software engineering teams
• Ability and willingness to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly
• Written and verbal technical communication skills with an ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences