The Research team advances Google’s Artificial Intelligence philosophy by bringing research and solutions to solve the toughest computer science challenges. As a member of the Conversational AI Research Strategy team, you will help drive efforts around Conversational Research, work and collaborate with multiple teams across Google and become one of the architects of the future generation of conversational technologies.
Google Research is building the next generation of intelligent systems for all Google products. To achieve this, we’re working on projects that utilize the latest computer science techniques developed by skilled software engineers and research scientists. Google Research teams collaborate closely with other teams across Google, maintaining the flexibility and versatility required to adapt new projects and foci that meet the demands of the world's fast-paced business needs.
• Understand and implement advanced multimodal dialog systems.
• Digest critical capabilities and limitations of existing systems, implement new modules, integrations, and strategies to further the dialog/conversational AI agenda.
• Partner closely with multiple teams, technical leads, senior executives and key stakeholders across the organization to deliver on key strategic efforts.
• Understand and contribute to the long-term vision for Conversational AI within the organization.
• Promote cross-organizational collaboration and enablement in Conversational AI.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
• 10 years of software development experience in C++, Python, SQL, or 8 years with an advanced degree.
• Experience in multimodal dialog systems.
• Experience in Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing (NLP), and Conversational Artificial Intelligence (AI).
• Master’s degree or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field.
• 15 years of professional software development experience.
Experience with AI Planning, Computer Vision or other sensing technologies.
• Experience with visualization tools and technologies.
• Experience in relevant areas for advanced conversations such as context modeling, grounding, and advanced natural language processing.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.