Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
The Google Research team advances Google’s Artificial Intelligence (AI) first philosophy by bringing innovative research and solutions to solve the toughest computer science challenges. Impacting virtually all of Alphabet’s products and advancing across disciplines.
In this role, you will help drive some of the most critical efforts around Conversational Research, work and collaborate with multiple teams across Google and become one of the architects of the next-generation of conversational technologies. We will be developing experimental intelligent systems that seek to engage with a user and establish a long-term relationship.
- Understand and implement advanced multimodal dialog systems (e.g., digest critical capabilities and limitations of existing systems and develop/implement modules, integrations, strategies or approaches to further the dialog/conversational AI agenda).
- Partner closely with multiple teams, technical leads, and researchers across the organization to deliver on key research and technology efforts.
- Understand and contribute to the long-term vision for Conversational AI within the organization.
- Contribute to research as well as product-related and real world priorities and constraints.
- Contribute to Quality and Metrics for complex trust based conversational AI.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience with software development in one or more programming languages, and with data structures/algorithms.
- 3 years of experience testing, maintaining, and/or launching software products, and 1 year of experience with software design/architecture.
- 2 years of experience in conversational AI, including software development.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 3 years of experience with machine learning algorithms and tools (e.g., TensorFlow), artificial intelligence, deep learning and/or natural language processing.
- 1 year of experience in a technical leadership role.
- Experience developing accessible technologies.
- Experience with natural language response generation approaches and technologies.
- Excellent communication skills.