SoundHound Inc. builds voice AI products that make it easier for people to engage with the world around them. We do this by creating custom voice assistants that make it possible for companies to extend their brand in new and meaningful ways. Today, our customized voice AI solutions allow people to talk to phones, cars, smart speakers, mobile apps, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging ‘voice-first’ world.
This role is part of our Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) Diagnostics team. You will be responsible for automating the ASR Diagnostics process by developing various software tools. These tools will help identify the algorithmic changes needed to address accuracy issues. This role provides a great opportunity to develop an understanding of different ASR system components and their functionality. You will play a critical part in improving our ASR system for one or more of our priority languages.
Our team is distributed across offices in North America and Europe and enjoys a creative, diverse environment, and flexible working hours.
In this role you will:
• Build software tools for speech recognition diagnostics
• Automate and scale speech system diagnostics across multiple languages
• Analyze speech system errors, find patterns, and identify the root cause
• Collaborate with other teams to implement solutions
We would love to hear from you if:
• You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or in a related quantitative discipline
• You possess advanced level fluency in at least one of the following languages: French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish
• You take pride in writing clean, efficient code in Python, Java, or C++
• You are comfortable communicating your questions and ideas when solving problems
We’d be especially excited if you are multilingual and have a linguistics and phonology background. Also, don’t forget to mention If you have experience in speech recognition.
Here at SoundHound, diversity, equity, and inclusion are key to who we are as a company. With a mission to build Voice AI for the world, creating a team with global perspectives is critical to our success.
We care deeply about fostering an environment where everyone is supported and can do their best work. SoundHound will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits of employment.
Employees enjoy comprehensive health care, paid time off, discounted fitness classes, and flexible working hours. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and culture at https://soundhound.com/careers/.
Come join our growing team and bring your unique voice to our mission!