We are looking for an AI Conversation Engineer to join our team. You will be responsible for leading the development of our conversation service that will eventually drive automated phone conversations to thousands of patients. This role would suit a developer, engineer or designer who has specialised in building chatbots or voice agents in a previous role.
On a day-to-day basis you will build the NLP and dialogue management systems that enable us to craft delightful conversations that inspire trust and confidence in our users. You will have a high degree of autonomy to lead the development of new features that help users have a great experience. You will continuously integrate your new conversation features into our broader product, and help build our system to continuously learn from user conversations. Alongside your core work, you will be an active member of the engineering team, taking part in code reviews and pair programming.
You should apply if
• You have at least 2 years experience developing chatbots or voice agents
• You have strong knowledge and experience of development using Python
• You have strong knowledge of NLP pipelines and dialogue management systems
• You have experience working with an automated CI/CD pipeline
• You have excellent linguistic skills
• You have thrived in previous roles in a dynamic and fast-paced environment (ideally in a seed / series-A startup)
• You have worked in a regulated industry (experience of working in healthcare would be a bonus)
Benefits you'll receive
• Competitive salary reviewed every 6 months
• Equity options with upside from being early employee
• Flexible working to ensure you have a great work-life balance
• Central Oxford office with opportunity for remote working
• Cycle-to-work scheme
• Mac laptop + salary sacrifice available for personal tech purchases
• Great colleagues who support each other to reach their maximum potential
Attitudes we look for
• Passion for talking with users to make sure our solutions meet their needs
• Love improving your skills and want to help others learn too
• Comfortable with uncertainty and solving problems where there is little precedent
• Pragmatic and able to make trade-off decisions in order to reach your goals
• Obsessive focus on getting the details right
• Happy being challenged and willing to change your mind based on new evidence
• Able to manage multiple simultaneous streams of work
• Enjoy working collaboratively and contributing to the collective success of the team
• Desire to take personal responsibility for delivering products that patients and clinicians rely upon for their health
We want a diverse team that brings a wide a range of perspectives and reflects the diversity of our users. We particularly welcome applications from women, black, Asian, minority ethic, and disabled candidates who are underrepresented in the technology sector.
Our interview process will involve a 30min screening call, a practical exercise for you to complete in your own time (you’ll be able to do it over a weekend) and then half a day spent talking and working with our team, virtually or in-person.