We’ve just completed a funding round at labworks.io and we’re looking for a CTO to develop and implement our technical strategy. If you’re interested in joining the leading smart speaker game developer in Europe and you want to oversee the development of globally successful voice games, then we’d love to hear from you.
You will be expected to have a comprehensive knowledge of technological trends, demonstrate strong leadership qualities and the ability to align technical goals with the overall strategy of the business.
There are currently three backend developers but that team is growing and will soon include frontend. We want someone to help expand it, both in numbers and in the skills of the current squad.
• Designing the technical architecture
• Working with other management staff to set direction, strategy and pipeline
• Hiring and overseeing the management and development of all technical staff
• Communicate technology strategy to partners and investors
• Build quality assurance and data protection processes
• Ensure all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards
• Have experience making technical and business decisions
• Be able to demonstrate knowledge in both backend and frontend technologies
• Have extensive knowledge of Node.JS and serverless architecture
• Lead by example and encourage good, clean code
• Love to solve problems
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills
It would be a bonus if you
• Have used smart speakers, or even played games on them
• Are passionate about gaming
• Have developed for smart speakers
• Have experience working with remote teams
• Have experience building with git, AWS, Alexa, Google Assistant and Bixby
What we offer at labworks.io
We believe in creating a great place to work where people are genuinely excited to come into work.
We believe in investing in people and helping them to grow and develop new skills.
We believe in having a compassionate and welcoming company culture where everybody is free to be themselves.
We believe in making sure our team are fairly rewarded for their work.
We believe that voice is going to be huge and that we provide an unrivalled opportunity to get early experience in this field.
We’re a small start-up and whilst there’s a lot of work to be done, we make sure that we keep a good work-life balance.
We are based in a shared workspace in Farringdon, London and would expect you to be able to work from the office most of the time, but working from home sometimes is also encouraged and working hours can be flexible.
Even if you don’t have all the requirements but think you could be a good fit, please get in touch with email@example.com as we are focussed on finding the right person to fit with our culture, regardless of specific experience.
To apply, send a cover letter and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.