Want to design voice-forward products that really matter?
Voice communication has been at the center of public safety and enterprise collaboration for decades. First responders and dispatchers have unique needs, and play vital roles in critical situations, often with only voice as a lifeline. Do you believe that the challenges facing public safety today can be solved by taking a thoughtful and holistic approach to conversation design?
We are positioned to transform voice and multimodal communication and workflow products by infusing them with innovative, AI-powered capabilities. In the process, we will enable our users to be more efficient, effective, and, most importantly, safe on the job.
Come join our team as a Conversation Designer.
As a Conversation Designer You Will:
• Envision and execute voice-enabled end-to-end strategies and interactive experiences embedded within a variety of software and hardware workflows that support public safety, including communication, 911 & incident response, and case resolution & investigation.
• Collaborate with UX researchers, visual designers, and developers to conduct immersive field research, synthesize insights, generate concepts, evaluate designs, test usability, and deliver to developers.
• Contribute to future envisioning efforts in the form of design exercises, brainstorming sessions/workshops as needed within the team.
We Are Looking For:
• Passion for research-fueled rapid ideation
• Self starter and a strong desire for team collaboration
• Demonstrate compelling, specialized voice-forward and multimodal interaction design skills, along with understanding of conversation fundamentals, underlying technologies (e.g. ASR, NLU, TTS), psychology, and linguistics
• General command of design thinking principles, processes, and best practices
• Proficiency in conversation design, intent design, content strategy, sample dialog writing, user flow charting, prototyping, and general documentation tools.
• Professional portfolio including conversation design work should be included when applying
• 2+ years professional experience in conversation, VUI, voice-first design or related field
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in design or a related field (some examples include: interaction design, UX design, HCI, writing, linguistics, anthropology)