Want to transform the way people discover and enjoy video experiences with Alexa? Do you believe finding the perfect movie to watch should be faster and more engaging? Do you believe there has to be a better way to manage the flood of content and video subscriptions?
A day in the life
As a UX Designer for Alexa Video, you will be working side-by-side with an amazing team of UX designers, VUI designers, user researchers, product managers and engineers to identify, define, and implement solutions that raise the bar on the Alexa customer experience. You’ll support key initiatives for the Video customer and drive solutions from concept to delivery.
About the hiring group
Come join a team of Researchers and Designers on the Alexa Entertainment UX team and help shape the future of video entertainment for Alexa customers. You will have the opportunity to directly impact the customer experience, design, and implementation of cutting edge products that are used every day by people you know. We’re looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of ownership, and want to have fun while they make history.
• Create world-class, user-centered designs through consideration of market research, business requirements, customer feedback, and usability study findings
• Design the architecture, interface, and interaction flow of voice experiences, mobile applications, and embedded screens.
• Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, and prototypes
• Develop, deliver, and maintain detailed user-interface specifications for implementation.
• Present design work to the user experience team, product team, and external partners for review and feedback.
• Collaborate with other design team members on Alexa entertainment experiences, frameworks, process, and best practices.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), design or equivalent professional experience.
• 3+ years of professional work experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar UX-related role, on consumer products.
• An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions and UI design expertise.
• High proficiency in a variety of design and prototype tools such as Sketch, Invision, Figma, Framer, Azure, and the Adobe Creative Suite; command of technologies (web, Android, iOS, etc.).
• Experience in conducting user research or in partnership with a UX Researcher.
• Experience crafting designs for voice interfaces is ideal, but not required. A strong interest in voice technology is a must.
• Ability to extract complex concepts and quickly turn around rigorous flows and mockups reflecting a range of options
• Ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile environment
• Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides.