Riff is a new class of voice tool for teams to collaborate in real-time. Instant, frictionless and always on, Riff makes it feel like your team is back in the same room, so you can chat about work while focusing on the actual work.
Less distracting than Slack or Email, and faster than having to schedule and wait for a video call, Riff exists so that your team can regain peak efficiency.
• Solve a big problem. The next phase of knowledge work will increasingly happen remotely. This is not without challenges, especially when it comes to collaborating with your team. At Riff, we believe in teams ***that work together to make the sum greater than their parts. We are building Riff for the millions of teams that wish to move fast and drive change.
• Join an exceptional team.* You will be working alongside exceptional people who have gone through a high growth journey and built billion dollar companies before. Joining this early means you get a real opportunity to work closely with the founders, grow the team and shape the culture.
• Join us at a magical time. We are backed by some of Europe's best investors, and have big ambitions. Riff is in its early stages, and we count on every single team member to shape its success.
Why this role?
As a Full Stack Engineer - and joining us at such an early stage - you will have a wide remit and work across all of our software and services. From ensuring our client is pixel-perfect and feels like magic to use, to helping architect and develop our backend services there is an incredibly rare chance to build something really special from scratch. You will:
• Own large sections of our codebase, and cover a wide variety of projects.
• Translate designs and prototypes into beautiful and functional UI.
• Build, ship, and analyse features to test new hypotheses about human interaction and collaboration.
• Shape our product direction by participating in UX interviews, roadmap planning, and feature brainstorms.
• Help us grow the team by interviewing and coaching new hires.
How do we know you're the perfect match?
• You have immense pride in your work, yet you understand code will be refactored
• You have an innate need to build things fast, but with an eye on the future
• Exposure to Electron client-side applications on MacOS, Windows and Linux
• Experience in modern web frameworks such as React
• Experience in Node.js for backend services
• Some experience in building C/C++ native libraries (not mandatory but a huge advantage)
• Dedicated to building beautiful products that will transform the way we work, live and connect with one another for the better.
We believe that the best software is built by teams of smart, motivated people from diverse backgrounds.
We've worked with programmers who've been artists 🎨 , writers ✒️ , musicians 🎶, astrophysicists 🌠, chemists 👨🏾🔬, doctors 🩺, psychologists 🛋 and mathematicians 🧑🏽🏫 . Some who've come through traditional higher education and others who have traveled a different path.
We want highly skilled programmers but we don't care how you got there. Join us if you believe in the power of technology to change society for the better.
Apply at email@example.com. Send your resume or CV, and any pertinent links to your work: your GitHub, your portfolio, any apps web or mobile you've built and why you are obsessed with revolutionising how we work.
• We believe in the power of teams.
• Teams that work together to make the sum greater than their parts.
• Teams that move fast and don't waste valuable time.
• Teams that drive change and break through limits.
• We exist to give those teams superpowers.
Isabel was previously a VC at Balderton Capital and early employee at BlaBlaCar, where she led their international expansion into 22 markets and headed the strategy team.
Matt is an expert in AI approaches to search and discovery and was previously co-founder and CTPO of video search pioneer Blinkx, which he took through IPO and grew to a market cap. of >$1bn.
• This is a full time role
• New laptop with OS of your choice
• Take your birthday off! 🎂
• We unfortunately don't have a license to sponsor visas