SoundHound Inc. builds voice AI products that make it easier for people to engage with the world around them. We do this by creating custom voice assistants that allow companies to extend their brand in new and meaningful ways. Today, our customized voice AI solutions allow people to talk to phones, cars, smart speakers, mobile apps, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging ‘voice-first’ world.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Engineering Director to join SoundHound’s Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) Decoder team. The team designs and implements production-ready software using models generated by our machine learning teams and audio queries as inputs to produce the best hypotheses for those audio queries. Our goal is to provide a more accurate and cost-efficient Houndify Voice AI Platform for our customers.
You will lead and mentor a distributed team spread across North America and Europe, with a center of mass in Toronto. The ASR decoder sits at the epicenter of our ASR and Natural Language Understanding (NLU) services. As such, you will work closely with our ML and NLU team directors to understand current and future R&D efforts that will affect architectural decisions.
In this role you will:
• Own and advance the technical direction and architectural decisions on the ASR Decoder team
• Work effectively with other team directors at SoundHound to understand and prioritize innovation needs
• Communicate the priorities to the team and establish a timeline for each project
• Work with the team to understand development pain points in software and remove technical debt
• Work with the talent acquisition team to hire key talent who will help us accomplish the team’s mission
• Stay abreast of recent improvements in ASR and software and algorithms optimization
We would love to hear from you if:
• You have five plus years of management experience with a proven track record of leading and growing high-performing engineering teams
• You have three to five years of experience writing large scale high quality C++ code as a team technical lead and architect
• You have experience working with machine learning teams and software engineering teams to convert prototypes to production-quality software
• You are data driven and meticulous about measurements of performance and accuracy
We’d be especially excited if you are results-oriented and enjoy motivating teammates with different backgrounds and personalities.
Here at SoundHound, diversity, equity, and inclusion are key to who we are as a company. With a mission to build Voice AI for the world, creating a team with global perspectives is critical to our success.
We care deeply about fostering an environment where everyone is supported and can do their best work. SoundHound will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits of employment.
Employees enjoy comprehensive health care, paid time off, discounted fitness classes, and flexible working hours. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and culture at https://soundhound.com/careers/.
Come join our growing team and bring your unique voice to our mission!