This is the opportunity to work on one of the coolest and most innovative pieces of technology in recent years! We are hiring for a number of different teams and projects and the final choice of the team will be yours.
In our Amazon Dev Center in Gdansk, we are building the technology and services that help Alexa speak and understand languages in the most natural way. We achieve this by building and maintaining complex, high-scale and resilient cloud services that enables our text-to-speech services. We are also involved in creating highly optimized, low-latency solutions that make Alexa available everywhere, including offline or in-car. Our teams are also developing Amazon Polly – TTS service that allows developers all around the world building new categories of speech–enabled applications.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will be responsible for creating reliable, scalable and high-performance products. This role requires a great understanding of Computer Science fundamentals and proficiency in at least one of the modern object oriented programming languages.
• BS/MS in Computer Science or related technical field
• 4+ years of hands-on software development experience
• Excellent programming skills in at least one modern object-oriented programming language (i.e. Java/Python/C++)
• Outstanding knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals (algorithms, data structures and problem solving)
• Proficiency using Object Oriented Design and common design pattern
• Experience contributing to the architecture and design of new and existing systems
• Experience with various processes in the full SDLC (coding standards, code reviews, source control, build systems, integration and deployment, maintenance, updates, etc.)
• Knowledge of speech technologies and Natural Language Processing
• Experience with Machine Learning and/or AI
• Experience with AWS native tools
• Experience with end-to-end Agile software development