As a Text-To-Speech (TTS) software engineer you help shape the future of computer voices at Cerence. Our TTS voices are speaking to you from your car’s infotainment system, mobile assistants and interactive telephony systems.
We build and maintain technology for embedded and cloud-based TTS applications and support 140+ voices in 60+ different languages. Our software stack is built on C, Python and Java, and we use Python and Java for testing frameworks and tools. We develop and maintain our TTS products in sprints, and continuously build and test them using Jenkins. We deploy TTS services from Docker images on our cloud.
- You are a member of the TTS Engineering team and have a primary role as developer. You analyze, design and implement innovation to the text-to-speech technology, you write automated test cases for your changes and you help maintaining releases.
- As a senior Software Engineer you lead the development, and you take initiatives on technical matters. You are able to scale yourself out by educating the teammates on your areas of expertise.
- You work in close collaboration with TTS R&D teams (research, language development) in EMEA to make sure the algorithmic improvements and new language and voice releases get integrated timely and correctly.
- You optimize algorithms to fit in a target budget of RAM, flash and CPU consumption.
- You support our professional services teams in delivering our solutions to customers. You understand their needs and follow-up on requests and bug reports.
- In short, you innovate the text-to-speech product, optimize it towards the computing platforms and work with the different teams to get a successful solution in the market.
- Minimum years of work experience: 5y
- Experience with developing software for cloud platforms, and with GUIs on AngularJS.
- Fluency in programming in C/C++, Python, and in visualizing and describing software components and interactions.
- Education: MSc in computer science or related field
- A solid understanding of software quality and processes leading to high quality software.
- Passion for software engineering and software architecture applied to AI.
- Understanding of data compression, SIMD instructions or GPU programming (CUDA).
- Speaking and writing English fluently. Knowledge of additional languages is a plus.
- The will and ability to function in a team spread across the globe
- Experience with Docker and Cloud Computing Concepts
- Experience with version control systems (e.g. Git, Mercurial, SVN)
- Experience with tickets systems (e.g. Jira, Fogbugz)
- Eagerness to learn about TTS, natural language understanding (NLU), Neural Networks
- Programming experience on different target platforms (Windows, Linux, etc.)
Cerence Inc. (Nasdaq: CRNC and www.cerence.com
) is the global industry leader in creating unique, moving experiences for the automotive world. Spun out from Nuance in October 2019, Cerence is a new, independent company that has quickly gained traction as a leader in the automotive voice assistant space, working with all of the world’s leading automakers – from Ford and Fiat Chrysler to Daimler, Audi and BMW to Geely and SAIC – to transform how a car feels, responds and learns. Its track record is built on more than 20 years of industry experience and leadership and more than 325 million cars on the road today across more than 70 languages.
As Cerence looks to the future and continues an ambitious growth agenda, we need someone to join the team and help build the future of voice and AI in cars. This is an exciting opportunity to join Cerence’s passionate, dedicated, global team and be a part of meaningful innovation in a rapidly growing industry.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Cerence is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, protected military or veteran status, genetic information and other protected classifications. Cerence Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement.
All prospective and current Employees need to remain vigilant when it comes to executing security policies in the workplace. This includes:
- Following workplace security protocols and training programs to familiarize with the ways to maintain a safe workplace.
- Following security procedures to report any suspicious activity.
- Having respect for corporate security procedures to allow those procedures to be effective.
- Adhering to company's compliance and regulations.
- Encouraging to follow a zero tolerance for workplace violence.