Mycroft AI is the only Open Source Voice Assistant on the market. We are building technologies that deliver a high quality voice experience without Big Brother. We don't sell your data. We won't sell your data. We don't create algorithms, tell other websites what to sell you and then take a cut of that. We don't guess your diaper needs based on the whispered fact that you might be pregnant. Not only do we not do those things, we are repulsed by them. We are looking for someone who believes in our mission and will add their own passion to it.
The company is headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri with staff in Los Angeles and Hawaii. This is a remote position; one may work remote or from either our Kansas, LA, or Hawaii offices.
The person who fills this role will need to be able to perform a wide variety of tasks across several technical disciplines. Teamwork, problem-solving, personal responsibility and open-mindedness are all important traits for this position. This is a hands-on engineering position as you will be building real-world applications.
- Hands-on development and technology research
- Work with a team of software engineers responsible for developing our server side applications (“Selene”).
- Work with other parts of the software stack, such as the on-device software (“Mycroft Core”, “Mycroft Skills”) as needed.
- Work with senior management to create product plans and roadmaps.
- Develop clean, easily maintainable code in accordance with organizational standard processes.
- Challenge team members at all levels of the organization
- Work collaboratively with our open source community
- Interest in preserving the privacy of end-users and working on an open-source code base.
- Track record of working with individuals with diverse skills, interests and personalities and creating a positive workplace environment.
- Value and be proficient in managing documentation, issue tracking and testing.
- Familiar with server-side design and development methodologies.
- Fundamental understanding of the pros and cons of various programming languages and tools.
- Experience working in a well-managed software engineering environment including product definition, software development, testing and deployment.
- Experience with the Linux operating system
- Experience writing APIs to serve data to web applications.
- Experience in data design and relational databases.
- Experience in web development.
- Proficiency in the languages and tools in use at Mycroft is a plus (Python3, SQL, TypeScript, HTML, CSS, Angular, PostgreSQL, Flask).
- Enjoys creatively solving complex problems, loves challenges
- Degree in science or engineering.