Do you like talking to personalities like Siri, Alexa, or the Google Assistant? We are looking to build a team that will be responsible for setting the standards for our endeavors into conversational artificial intelligence (CAI) and creating voice user interfaces (VUI). We are looking for creative individuals who have a background in Linguistics, Computational Linguistics, Human Computer Interaction or User Experience.
Would you like to join this innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
The Voice UX Designer/Copywriter combines technical knowledge with research and creative work to reimagine the way people interact with insurance. The role helps set the standards the rest of the company uses for conversational functions and technologies. Working alongside designers and UX researchers on the team who can help conceptualize the experience. This role collaborates with systems analysts and developers across the entire IT organization and will advocate for standards and best practices the team creates.
You will be one of the voice gurus who will advocate for consistent interfaces and experiences for multiple projects across GEICO’s digital platforms. You will advocate for standards and best practices our team creates. There will be opportunities to present and pitch your work to all levels of management. In this role, we expect that you will properly document VUI decisions and integrate up-and-coming voice technology trends. We’re looking for you to push boundaries and think outside of the box to define and drive multimodal interfaces on our digital properties. You’ll be working side by side with designers and UX researchers on the team who can help conceptualize the experience. This role collaborates with systems analysts and developers across the entire IT organization.
• 5+years of experience in designing voice applications or multimodal speech interfaces
• 3+ years of experience within a corporate or agency setting
• Experience with designing for conversational AI
• Experience in designing voice interaction flows
• Experience with prototyping voice user experiences
• Experience in working with personas to write copy in persona
• Experience in implementing innovative, successful consumer voice experiences
• Ability to produce precise VUI specifications
• Experience designing iOS/Android app and responsive web interfaces
• BA/BS or higher in Linguistics, Computational Linguistics, Application Design, HCI or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.