The Conversation Designer is responsible for the planning, creation, governance, management, and optimisation of content (primarily search and intent driven content). This includes the design of a well structured content model and intents model, working with our partners on the delivery of new content, and business architecture of our chatbot, search and messaging systems.
You'll work closely with colleagues in Digital Product, Experience Design, Marketing, Ops, Commercial, Data and Engineering to make sure we deliver the right content to the right customer, in the right place, at the right time.
You’ll get excited by natural language search, chatbot and bot optimisation, content design, content strategy, taxonomy, UX, targeting and personalisation
What you need to do
• Put your customers at the heart of everything you do – Content Design as a philosophy. Solve business content problems using research, insights, and design methods
• Write easy to understand content for conversational use. Work to our writing guidelines on tone and quality
• Own the accurate and timely documentation of all intent, search and personalisation content systems
• Manage our intents and content structure within our content management systems and bot platforms
• Analysis of ongoing chat logs and other journey data sources to regularly optimise performance of the bot
• Own the Chatbot content delivery workstream
Define intents / chatbot processes for end to end content management
• Journey mapping to identify problem areas
• Ensure all content is accessible and easy to use
What you need to know and show
• Deep level of experience in chatbot content design, content design, content planning, content strategy and content governance
• Principles of deploying chatbots across multiple channels; primarily web and app, but also close connectivity to voice
• Strong understanding of: natural language search, conversational content, targeting and personalisation, content reuse, working with content stakeholders across the group
• Evangelise modern conversational techniques and thought leadership, help guide us through this next period in our chatbot journey
• Demonstration of strong customer orientation with ability to understand and deliver to customer requirements via the online the channel.
• Living the Sainsbury’s Group values through proactively taking responsibility, owning any issues arising and following through to resolve them (within their role remit). Recognise how their individual responsibility impacts team delivery and inspires others to do the same.
Colleague Conduct Rules
The individual performing this role is expected to adhere to the conduct rules as specified by our regulators (PRA and FCA).
In addition to the all-important salary, pension & bonus offering, we totally get that life outside work is important to us all. So we want to shout out some of our other great benefits…
• We offer flexible working to help you achieve a good work/life balance
• Opportunity to buy extra holidays is on the table
• Discounts on your weekly shop, buying a laptop or sofa? We’ve got it covered through your Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat store discount card
• Cycle to work scheme and great coffee and cake!
A little about us & our culture
We’re proud of our heritage as the UK’s first supermarket bank. As digital technology drives the banking landscape we want to be at the cutting edge of this technology, offering award winning innovative digital banking products to our customers.
Technology is where we see our growth therefore, we need innovators to join us and drive the next phase of our evolution.
We’re a friendly bunch who collectively share a passion to make our customers’ financial lives easier. As part of the wider Sainsbury’s Group, being one of the UK’s most trusted brands, it brings our colleagues a wealth of opportunities to fulfil their potential.
Here, you can be part of something bigger and help to create a new approach that puts the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome at the Sainsbury’s Group, and we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer that champions a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. If you’re interested in applying and are excited about working with us, but are unsure if you have the right skills and experience – we’d still love to hear from you! Apply today and we’ll be in touch (we’re also happy to discuss flexible working options (including part time)
As this role involves working within a regulated environment any offer will be subject to satisfactory background checks including criminal record check, credit check, fraud check and employment references.