Alexa is one of Amazon?s most innovative services to date, and has changed the way millions of customers use their voice to interact with technology and the world around them. To keep up with the rapid growth in demand , Amazon Digital Products is looking for an exceptional software engineer to expand Alexa’s core experiences for third party Alexa devices.
We are looking for a passionate engineer with experience in building innovative solutions for wide variety of applications. This role will be at the core of the Alexa experience across all Amazon and external devices. You will be able to work with a tight-knit, enthusiastic team developing new capabilities while constantly improving the performance, efficiency, reducing footprint of solutions that unlock new device categories and use cases every day..
This role is for someone who has in-depth knowledge of rendering technologies and loves creating visual systems and full-stack product design.
• Define world-class multi-modal experiences with a cross-org team of visual and voice designers.
• Make available Alexa's visual design language specification to any and all screen-based devices
• Work with third-party device makers to customize an Alexa experience on their device.
• Drive engineering best practices by setting high standards.
• Focus on performance, memory and power consumption tuning to deliver consistently better products that delight billions of customers.
• BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Experience developing embedded device software in C/C++.
• Solid foundation in Computer Science fundamentals with emphasize in object-oriented design
• Solid design and architectural thinking with emphasis on designing for scale.
• Knowledge of multi threading and performance tuning of embedded systems.
• Experience building testable, maintainable and extensible software.
• 3+ years professional software development experience.
• Prior experience developing rendering frameworks for devices • SPARK/ Qt/ OpenGL.
• Demonstrated track record as an owner: someone who can take a concept and make it real.
• Understanding of performance, memory, I/O, and threading in C++.
• Experience working on different platforms - Linux, Android or iOS.
• Understanding of asynchronous and distributed systems problems
• Understanding of issues around fault tolerance and scale-out
• Outstanding adherence to project deadlines and understands the balance between doing it right and getting the job done
• Works well in a team environment and be able to effectively drive cross-team solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements