We're looking for experienced Engineering and Research Manager with a proven track record of developing and shipping high quality products or infrastructure to join Conversational AI group. The Conversational AI group built M, Messenger's in-thread assistant that proactively recommends stickers, polls, restaurants, movie tickets and so much more to more than 1.3 billion people that use Facebook Messenger every month. This journey is only 1% finished, and assistant features within Messenger today represent only initial steps in terms of what we expect a truly social assistant to be able to do in the years ahead.
As an Engineering Manager working within the Assistant Team at Facebook, the ideal candidate will have experience in managing software engineering teams developing Conversation AI systems. As such, strong foundational knowledge of ML, NLP, neural networks and experience working with massive amounts of data will also be necessary. They should also have strong software engineering skills and the ability to build systems that reach Facebook scale.
• Manage and support an engineering team responsible for the systems and technologies applicable across the product
• Define and manage success metrics across teams
• Identify opportunities to share technology across teams and manage partnership opportunities with internal cross-functional partners
• Evangelize technical solutions, frameworks, and best practices across the team and organization
• Guide research scientists and engineers in building state of the art in Conversational AI systems and infrastructure
• Communicate cross-functionally and drive engineering efforts
• Hold your own in technical discussion, be a subject matter expert, and have strategic influence
• 5+ years work experience as an engineer developing products similar to Conversational AI, knowledge graphs, Machine • Learning Systems, Natural Language Processing systems, large scale data pipelines or infrastructure
• 2+ years experience directly managing a team of engineers
• Experience shipping multiple products across various platforms
• Degree in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Physics, Mathematics, or related technical field
• Experience in building state of the art in Dialog Systems, especially in areas such as Natural Language Understanding, Dialog Management, Natural Language Generation, and Question Answering
• Experience with filesystems, server architectures, and distributed systems
• Experience in coding in languages such as Python and C++
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.