Reporting to the Head of Creative, the Conversation Design Strategist is an integral part of a creative team including Art Directors, Graphic and Digital Designers, Editors, and Copywriters supporting—and supported by—a wider team of Project Managers, Program Managers, and Customer Liaisons. The Conversation Design Strategist plays a central role in helping the team deliver outstanding creative solutions and pharma marketing initiatives by understanding the strategic needs of customers, developing effective strategies for chatbots, artificial intelligence and dynamic online interaction. This role requires experience and expertise married to a hands-on, deliverable-driven work ethic. The Conversation Design Strategist works across a large number of pharma brands at both the global and local levels with an awareness of, and sensitivity to, Medical, Legal, and Regulatory (MLR) requirements. The Conversation Design Strategist works across a large number of pharma brands at both the global and local levels with an awareness of, and sensitivity to, Medical, Legal, and Regulatory (MLR) requirements. In all capacities, the Conversation Design Strategist takes a professional approach to time, budget, and customer constraints and keeps a focus on quality output. Must be comfortable with significant international travel.
• Conduct hands-on content inventories and audits, content mapping, and gap analyses that translate qualitative and quantitative data into content for use in building and training chatbots.
• Repurposing existing and new materials for use in chatbot design.
• Design narrative driven chatbot conversation to help customers achieve their objectives.
• Train developing artificial intelligence for use in a range of settings.
• In partnership with the editor, copywriters, and wider team, develop frameworks and governance documentation for creating chatbots based on market, audience, and performance insights.
• Support the development of “emerging technologies/ chatbots” as an integral service element.
• Work with the editor to develop and report on chatbots and chatbot strategy success metrics.
• In all capacities, work effectively and efficiently as part of a team, incorporate stakeholder feedback, and ensure deliverables are accurate, high quality, on time, and within budget.
• Bachelor’s degree in a Modern Language, Linguistics, communication, journalism, pharma, life sciences, or related fields
• Advanced degree in pharma, medical, or relevant scientific area ideal
• 8+ years in a technology focused role, either creative or technical (preferably in pharma; preferably in agency)
• Experience working on client projects that included chatbots, artificial intelligence or other emerging technologies a plus
• Link to portfolio or samples of work required; possibly including: o Content strategy documentation such as audit outputs, gap analyses, and/or governance documentation, and/or o Case studies showing positive impact of strategic work, and/or o Copy samples targeting HCPs, sales reps, or patients
What you’ll bring to the role
• Experience leading face-to-face strategy workshops with brand customers a strong plus
• Exceptional communication and listening skills
• Capable of working within project limitations (time, budgets, difficult customers, etc.) and working effectively as part of a team
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.