Being an engineering intern at SoundHound means having opportunities to directly implement new and powerful functionality into our Hound and Houndify products. Hound, our virtual assistant, has over 1 million downloads, and the reach of our Houndify Voice AI platform is in the hundreds of millions, through our partners in a diversity of industries including automotive, retail, mobile applications, and telecommunications. You’ll be mentored 1-1 by a more experienced engineer while having opportunities to interact with and learn from leaders and innovators across the company through events and seminars. By the end of the internship, you will have built an end-to-end experience on our Conversational AI platform that will be used by millions of people around the world.
Come join us in shaping the next generation of voice interfaces, on a small but growing team.
About the role
In this highly impactful internship, you will be implementing functionality similar to what you see in these videos:
You will combine your own skills and creativity with brand new NLU techniques in order to build voice experiences that have never been created before.
Your work will directly contribute to a revolution in the way people interact with the devices around them: by speaking naturally.
• You are excited about being one of the first people to become proficient in a new programming paradigm.
• Your dream job involves building/owning the systems that improve the lives of millions of users every day.
• You view coding as an art form, and your love of coding is second only to your love of deprecating even more code.
• You notice opportunities to improve the end-user experience and are proactive about getting the details right.
• You are a fast learner with strong software development skills, enabling you to meet aggressive deadlines while producing scalable and maintainable systems.
• Proficient in C/C++ or Java and at least one scripting language
• Strong algorithms skills, and ability to write efficient code
• Strong English language communication skills
• Experience with data conditioning and relevance algorithms
• Experience manipulating and managing large amounts of data
• Comfortable working in a Linux environment
• Pursuing BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
Nice to Haves
• Experience working with third-party APIs or datasets
• Familiarity with web crawling and related concepts
• Familiarity with text search and related systems
• Fluent in additional spoken languages such as: Spanish, French, German, Russian, Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, etc.