Prior Natural Language Understanding or Artificial Intelligence experience NOT REQUIRED.
You will be learning, building and using the most advanced technologies in the fields of Natural Language Understanding, Speech, Search, and AI, all built in-house here at SoundHound.
We’ve worked hard to create a platform that enables individual developers to implement deep natural language user experiences very rapidly, often within days. Your job will be to help us apply that platform to French language-specific use cases.
This is a unique opportunity to enter the next wave of computing. We are leaders in the Voice AI space with our Houndify platform; using speech to make technology more ubiquitous and accessible to everyone’s everyday lives.
About the Role
• Leverage your creativity, your C/C++ skills, and your ability to rapidly become proficient in a new programming paradigm
• Implement, scale, and maintain non-trivial functionality end-to-end, solving algorithm and design challenges
• You will be working on key portions of the unique technology powering the Hound app and Houndify platform for the French language
• Excellent coding skills in C/C++ and at least one scripting language (LUA, Python, Perl, bash, etc)
• Ability to design efficient and robust algorithms
• Ability to work on hard open-ended challenges, and improve existing solutions
• Comfortable working in a Linux environment
BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or Computer Linguistics or equivalent
• Fluent in French (C1 or C2 level)
Nice to haves
• Experience with speech recognition (ASR), natural language understanding (NLP/NLU) and related fields
• Experience in linguistics
• Experience manipulating and managing large amounts of data
• Experience working with third-party API's
SoundHound is creating and productizing transformative technologies that improve life. Join us.
After amassing a global user community well over 300 million strong, a large portfolio of core technologies and award winning products....we're just getting started.
At SoundHound we value creativity, innovation, hard work, open communication and fast iteration, which allow us to act on valuable feedback from employees and users alike. SoundHound's culture is one of impromptu coffee breaks, less-impromptu fitness sessions, group lunches, and weekly happy hours.
We offer a competitive salary, unique camaraderie, lots of perks and the opportunity to call a company home that's simultaneously changing the way we discover music AND interact with machines. Yep, it's that cool.