We are looking for someone passionate about programming, open source, and product! Tell us all about your side projects and what you've been up to. We maintain what is essentially a visual programming language and solve interesting problems when it comes to real-time collaboration, optimizations, and design language.
The role will involve strong knowledge of React and Typescript to assist in building out our frontend ecosystem. You will primarily be working on our frontend/desktop client and a small number of backend micro-services.
• Here's our stack: https://stackshare.io/voiceflow/voiceflow
• Here's our open source GitHub to display our coding practices, design patterns, and functionalities https://github.com/voiceflow
What you'll do
• Architect and manage a complex visual Canvas
• Lead the development of new features
• Build and maintain our component library
• Help architecture new services and extend conversational capabilities
• Go into low-level optimization flows on the frontend
• Improve and develop programming practices and patterns
• Implement automated end to end, integration and unit tests
• Participate in weekly scrum meetings and daily stand-ups (core hours 10AM-1PM EDT)
• Work with product and design in planning meetings to decide strategy for the platform
What you'll bring
• Familiarity with version control systems like Git
• Experience mentoring other team members, overseeing code quality, and evangelizing best practices
Nice to have:
• Experience with socket.io and real-time collaborative workflows
• Experience contributing to open-source projects and maintaining rich documentation
• Experience working with Node.JS
• Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment development workflows
• Familiarity with Cloud Computing platforms such as AWS or GCP
• Familiarity with the Alexa Skills Kit / Google Actions Console or Chatbots and IVR systems
• Understanding of Natural Language Processing (RASA NLP)
Voiceflow is democratizing conversational AI by making conversational assistant creation easy, collaborative, and accessible to everyone. Voiceflow is a collaborative design platform that helps teams work together to rapidly design, prototype and launch conversational assistants for any channel - voice assistants, SMS, webchat, call centre, drive-thrus, and so much more. Voiceflow is loved by over 80,000 global teams with some of the world’s largest companies as customers including Google, BMW, US Bank, McDonalds, JP Morgan, Spotify, Amazon, Home Depot, Best Buy, John Hopkins, and thousands of others.
We’re biased of course, but we think we’re building one of the coolest products in the world. Put this claim to the test and try out Voiceflow’s free version yourself - give it a try!
Joining a new company is one of the biggest decisions we all make in life as we’re investing our most important resource - our time. At Voiceflow, we’re investing our time here because we believe in an inevitable future where many of the conversations we have with brands everyday will be increasingly automated. If that’s the future we’re all going to be a part of, then the world needs Voiceflow to ensure the teams building these conversational experiences have great tools to craft great experiences. Think of us like the Adobe creative suite for the growing world of conversational AI. You can learn more about our vision of the future here.
We’ve raised $25M USD the past 2 years from some of the world’s best investors including Felicis, Craft, True, Amazon, Google & CEOs of Figma, Webflow, Eventbrite, Invision, Producthunt, and more. We’re a small, fast growing remote team of around 35 team members from around the world, composed of dedicated and talented individuals with a core focus on engineering and product.
Voiceflow is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that our commitment to diversity & inclusion will enable us to build better digital experiences for our clients and their customers. We are dedicated to fostering a global team that reflects the diversity of the Voiceflow community. We consider employment applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, disability status, or any other protected status.
If you have any special needs or accessibility requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
How we hire
At Voiceflow, since we are a small and mighty team - we put a lot of care and time into who we hire. We take a hybrid approach when it comes to our recruitment process. We believe in a combination of conversational-style & standardized interviews along with take-home assessments for technical positions. We will ensure there is time at the end of all interviews for you to ask any questions and will keep an open-line of communication throughout the process.