Come join the team that is building the future of podcasts and audio books on Alexa. We're creating experiences that will let anyone leverage the power of Alexa to help customers get to the content they care about, faster.
You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, and implementation of cutting edge features that will be used by millions of people every day. We’re looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of ownership, and want to have fun while they make history.
You will be working side-by-side with an amazing team of producers, UX designers, VUI designers, user researchers, and engineers to identify, define, and implement solutions that raise the bar on the Alexa customer experience. You must excel at communicating your designs effectively to the larger team and driving that vision into solid design deliverables.
Key job responsibilities
• Create world-class, user-centered designs through consideration of market research, business requirements, customer feedback, and usability study findings
• Demonstrate leadership in driving design processes into the organization that help refine strategy
• Translate business requirements into use cases and high-level customer experience requirements
• Design the architecture and interaction flow of voice experiences
• Develop conceptual diagrams and prototypes
• Present design work to the user experience team, product team, leadership, and external partners for review and feedback
• Work with our usability and data science teams to assess and optimize new and existing features
• Develop high level strategy for Alexa Audio customers for both near and long term
• Collaborate with other design team members on Alexa Audio experiences, frameworks, process, and best practices
About the team
The Alexa Entertainment User Experience Team are the entertainment customer experts — we see around corners and craft experiences that make Alexa the preferred source for entertainment.
We accomplish this vision by understanding customer needs in the entertainment ecosystem, by designing experiences to solve customer pain and evoke unexpected delight, and by advocating our customers’ perspectives across the organization to shape the future of Alexa.
• 6+ years of design experience
• An available online portfolio
• 6+ years of professional work experience as a VUI designer or similar UX-related role
• Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), design, or equivalent professional experience
• An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions, and UI design expertise
• Experience in conducting user research or in partnership with a UX Researcher
• Experience building innovative voice-based solutions and Alexa skills
• Deep understanding of current speech and language technologies including the Alexa Skills Kit
• Ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile environment
• Experience presenting to senior executive level management, influencing product roadmaps, and long term product thinking
· Commitment to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.