Come be a part of a team of designers passionate about creating the very best product for Facebook's billion users.
We’re looking for an AI Prototyper to work on an innovation team creating 0-1 AI-powered speech and audio prototypes. You’ll partner with design, engineering, and research to generate prototypes using speech synthesis, VUI, NLP, generative audio, music, and GAN domains as the raw material for creative exploration.
Using the full scope of your coding and design skills, you’ll ideate and build prototypes across a range of fidelities that bring AI-powered speech and audio concepts to life. You understand that in prototyping, “done and clear” is better than “perfect” and you’ll work with a cross-disciplinary group of partners to quickly stand up concepts and demos that will help inform the future of Facebook’s voice and audio experiences.
Product Design Prototyper - AI Voice Responsibilities
• Collaborate closely with design and engineering partners to translate ideas into voice and audio prototypes, ranging from proof of concept to fully functional prototypes, utilizing different tools, platforms, and programming languages.
• Translate new technical domains and knowledge into consumable ideas and explorations.
• Apply UI/UX design best practices to successfully create strong prototypes.
• Iterate quickly to explore and validate through testing, iteration, and research.
• Stay on top of new and emerging ML technologies, ML-powered design and best practices.
• Seek out feedback on your projects, and provide candid feedback to your peers.
• 4+ years of experience (industry, academia) as a designer or engineer developing prototypes for web, mobile, games, IoT, or hardware.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Design, or relevant experience.
• WebAudio API or mobile audio experience.
• ML audio experience C++, Python, Objective-C Experience building/hacking voice interfaces (VUI, TTS).
• Experience with Max/MSP and audio middleware (FMOD, Wwise, Unreal).
• Unity Experience with generative audio, game/film audio design, algorithmic music composition, procedural audio, etc.
• Proficient with design tools (Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.).
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.