At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
This exciting position within the U.S. Bank Voice team, will be a dedicated onsite VUI/Conversation Designer role on an agile journey team with a focus on innovation. The Voice Team is part of the Digital Omni Channel Agile Studio and focused on delivering Voice capabilities across mobile app and off property Google and Alexa platforms. The person selected for this role will work closely with product leads, visual designers, developers, and researchers.
What we're looking for
• Professional portfolio of voice design that demonstrates creativity, problem-solving, and ability to ship
• Produce user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and detailed conversational user interface specifications
• Draw on depth of experience, but initiate voice UX research and testing efforts when necessary
• Conduct analyses of real usage data to inform voice UX optimization efforts
• Drive root cause analyses to respond to voice UX performance issues
• Speak confidently on concepts of spoken interaction design in daily iterations with product managers, engineers, and testers
• Think MVP while not losing sight of the long-term vision
• Communicate clearly and partner with working team members
• 1-2+ years of professional experience as a voice/VUI Designer or related
• Experience with voice or multimodal speech interfaces
• A working understanding of speech and language technologies
• Experience working cross-team and synthesizing feedback and input from product management, engineering, and discipline leads (XA/VID/Content/Research/Accessibility)
• Detail oriented and able to identify and focus on priorities set by product leads
• A strong understanding of UX Design and user research
• Degree in Linguistics, HCI, Natural Language Processing or related fields are a plus
• Expertise in human-computer interaction
• Ability to lead conversation design sprints and determine initial MVP competency flows
• Ability to determine patterns in usage data, and use those patterns to better the customer experience
• Identify needs and help ideate new competencies to meet those needs
• Experience designing mobile, web, and/or on-device mobile applications
• Experience with industry specific tools e.g., Voiceflow, Alexa Developer Platform, etc...
• An informed set of core values regarding user experience, technology, and business communication and the ability to present them with eloquence and concision
• Experience shipping innovative, successful consumer voice products
• Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations
• Commitment to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers (https://www.usbank.com/careers/index.html) .